May 3, 2016 by brennon
The game will come with three separate campaigns focusing on the Space Marines, Eldar and Orks of Games Workshop’s Sci-Fi universe.
Gameplay – What Do We Know?
As well as that it seems like they are promising some rather titanic battles with massive Eldar Wraithknight and Imperial Knights clashing. I can’t wait to see how this plays out on screen.
According to sources the game will be bringing back some big armies and more to help make for an interesting transition into a new generation. Here’s what we know thanks to PC Gamer.
- Big Armies – The larger forces of Dawn of War I return featuring an array of interesting options for your army.
- Base Building – Following in the footsteps of larger armies we also have the return of Base Building as an element of gameplay. Power Generators and Requisition Points will still be a thing but you’ll have somewhere to protect this time around.
- Elite Troops – In keeping with some of the lessons learned from Dawn of War II they have kept the levelling up of elite units. This will mean that you can specialise ‘MOBA’ style into a particular way of playing. While the regular line troops are dying in droves the elite units will be focusing on those objectives.
- Big Guns - As we know the Imperial Knight and Wraithknight are going to be making an appearance. These are massive units that deal out a sickening amount of damage to the opponent. They are looking impressive.
- Space Marines Get A BIGGER Gun – The Space Marines have access to an Orbital Gun which will rake across the ground turning any enemy you touch to ash. I’m sure the other races will have their super weapons too.
- Cover Returns – The cover mechanic also returns but in a simpler style allowing you to hop into it and keep your units alive.
Not bad right?
The Blood Angels are also returning and it will be fun to see where their story goes.
“With war raging and the planet under siege by the armies of greedy Ork warlord Gorgutz, ambitious Eldar seer Macha, and mighty Space Marine commander Gabriel Angelos, supremacy must ultimately be suspended for survival.”
Superb. We can’t wait for this one.
What do you think?
"The Blood Angels are also returning and it will be fun to see where their story goes..."