September 9, 2014 by brennon
A new teaser appeared on the Games Workshop What’s New Today page showing off a teaser for what is now certainly a new print run of the Space Hulk board game. We’ve had a bit of rumour mongering but now the actual information and contents have popped up online…
As you can see above the contents of the box are very much the same as the 2009 version of the game and once again you’re getting a very nice looking and indeed quality product. I think my own version of Space Hulk is still certainly rock solid tiles wise and miniatures wise and those Terminators are still amazing. I have seen them pop up in plenty of different armies with their Blood Angel iconography filed off and changed to fit different Chapters.
In the new White Dwarf it appears as if the focus is on running the Beachhead mission and it shows off the tiles and everything very nicely indeed. As you can see there is even the Boarding Torpedo tile next to the one linked to the other tiles. Very neat.
Above shows off some of the tiles in the game including one of the new ones that is part of the Hard Vacuum mission. It represents a breached section of the Space Hulk that your Terminators must trudge through and it does have a nice design and feel to it giving you a claustrophobic feel.
As well as the actual release there is also a White Dwarf Exclusive mission that’s called Disable the Shields. Looks like another neat little bit of content for the game and could serve to push on the longevity of the game more.
- English Only Re-Release of the 2009 Version
- 4 New Scenarios
- New Counters including – Boarding Torpedoes, Breach Counters, Damaged Control Room & Turbo Lift Tiles
- 32 Easy Fit Models including – 22 Genestealers, 1 Broodlord & 12 Space Marine Terminators
- 189 Board Sections + Gaming Counters alongside the rulebook with 16 scenarios.
So there you have it. A new run of Space Hulk complete with some added extras. Do you think you’ll come down on the side of the Space Marines and run with the Terminators or side with the stealthy hordes of Genestealers. Also don’t forget to check out the poll below!
If You Had One Space Hulk Wish It Would Be...
- Introduce Other Factions (19%, 91 Votes)
- Plastic Terrain! (12%, 58 Votes)
- Don't Make It Limited Edition (32%, 153 Votes)
- Multiplayer And/Or Solo Play (A.I Decks) (11%, 51 Votes)
- Add Dreadnoughts! (2%, 9 Votes)
- Just Bring Back Warhammer Quest!!! (24%, 124 Votes)
Total Voters: 485 (Log In to Vote Now!)
Will you pick up Space Hulk this time around?