December 10, 2012 by brennon
It looks like Games Workshop are going digital for a lot of their Specialist Games with a surprise announcement that Space Hulk is returning next year in digital format with help from Full Control ApS…
Here is what the website has to say…
The main features are
- Blood Angel terminator squad
- Fearsome Genestealers with challenging AI
- Thematic 3d environment
- Single player campaign based on the “Sin of Damnation” hulk
- New coop multiplayer levels against the Genestealer AI
- Multiplayer head-to-head recreating the board game experience against a friend
- Cross platform multiplayer between PC, Mac and iOS
- Level editor with ability to share creations
- Game expansions in the future as DLC
Now that list of features sounds pretty promising. I do like the idea of being able to create your own hulk layouts and sharing them with others, seeing if they can beat the challenge you set before them. As long as it manages to keep the feel of the board game I think I’ll be happy.
This, added to Warhammer Quest, the news from Creative Assembly and the long running Blood Bowl franchise with Cyanide points to a whole lot more digital content from Games Workshop over the coming years.
The Space Hulk video games were pretty fun when I was younger, and I have also played a few internet creations which tried to bring the experience into the digital realm. Here’s hoping that this iteration brings us a faithful but ‘cool’ experience.
Check out the teaser above and let me know what you think of this Space Hulk remake!