June 3, 2017 by stvitusdancern
Games Workshop just opened up per-orders for the latest edition of Warhammer 40K! If you have been watching our coverage of UK Games Expo you would have seen our demo game that Justin and Simon from GW played, as well as the seminar from GW from yesterday afternoon.
So, far the response has been pretty positive and I even have seen a couple of comments that this edition may bring some back into the fold.
Besides the two-player starter set, they are offering a limited edition collector’s set which includes…
- The full, unabridged 280-page Warhammer 40,000 book featuring the core and advanced rules, with exclusive soft touch cover and ribbon marker;
- A 96-page hardback Dark Imperium Art Book, featuring art from the wide and varied history of Warhammer 40,000 by such luminaries as John Blanche, Alex Boyd, Adrian Smith and more;
- A double-sided map of the galaxy – one side featuring the Gathering Storm, with exclusive text depicting key events, and the other featuring the locations of the resulting warp storms that are tearing the galaxy apart;
- Two exclusive Paul Dainton art prints, a Primaris Space Marine and a Death Guard Plague Marine;
- An exclusive, 112-page mini rulebook, featuring all the gaming content from the main book in a convenient small format;
- Six individually numbered tactical objective markers cast in metal;
- A metal combat gauge, with 3”/2”/1.5”/1” edges;
- Fifteen servo skull-shaped Command Point tokens, cast in metal;
- An exclusive deck of thirty-six Tactical Objective cards, with foil block and gilt edges.
A very exciting time for Warhammer 40k players, so you better jump on this right away! It will be available in stores on June 17th.
Are you ordering 8th edition?
"So, far the response has been pretty positive and I even have seen a couple of comments that this edition may bring some back into the fold."