March 11, 2015 by brennon
The cover for the next expansion for Warmachine, Reckoning, has popped up on the Privateer Press forums and it’s an impressive looking piece of artwork that shows off some interesting sneak peeks at what’s going to be going down in this new book!
The cover shows Deneghra riding a rather terrifying dragon as poor Zerkova is surrounded on all sides supported by some deadly looking Doomreavers with some optional weapons (potentially?) In the background you can also see something blue and crackling powering up to take down whatever horde dwells in the distance. Khador, Menoth and Cygnar are joining forces it seems!
“The rising threat of the Cryxian armies has become too great. Death permeates the war-torn region, and Empress Ayn and King Leto themselves chance incredible danger to meet and coordinate their stand. The Protectorate’s Northern Crusade joins Khador and Cygnar in a final alliance of men against the unending armies of the Dragonfather. As these armies combine to expel the deathless forces of Cryx from the mainland, in tunnels below the battleground a lone Khadoran soldier fights to save one of the Motherland’s greatest legends.”
- New warcasters, including new heroes as well as epic incarnations of some of WARMACHINE’s most feared and revered legends.
- A new generation of colossals to level the opposition.
- An array of new warjacks, including the personal warjacks of several powerful warcasters.
- New solos to bring a greater range of utility to the battlefield.
- New narrative fiction continuing the action of WARMACHINE: Vengeance.
- A painting and modeling guide to help you prepare your forces for battle.
- Theme Force lists for each new warcaster, which allow you to create armies based on specialized forces found in the WARMACHINE world.
It’s great to see that things are moving on with the storyline in these books and it’s a good way of keeping the narrative going for folks that like the story and producing more miniatures to keep the hardcore gamers happy too. It all sounds very ‘End Times’ for Warmachine too with this mention of a ‘final stand’ so it will be interesting to see how this resolves.
Thanks to @bintykins for pointing us towards this!
What do you think of the new book?
"The cover shows Deneghra riding a rather terrifying dragon as poor Zerkova is surrounded on all sides supported by some deadly looking Doomreavers with some optional weapons (potentially?)"
"In the background you can also see something blue and crackling powering up to take down whatever horde dwells in the distance..."