Skip to toolbar

15/02/18 Hobby Weekender – Aaaaargh matey!

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming 15/02/18 Hobby Weekender – Aaaaargh matey!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 75 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mage 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@evilstu  terrain crate 2 is live ?

I had almost managed to ignore that …

/me shakes angry fist 😉
    Not pledged yet, but saved so I can have a re-think once the 48h reminder is activated and more stuff is unlocked.

I see there’s much that has gone on in my absence. I’m checking in to say I’m not quite dead yet.  Now on that note…

Indeed it is one of these

Now for some Dead Can Dance… avoid psychotropics before watching, its about on the level of  Alejandro Jodorowsky or Panos Cosmatos

Now to cleanse the brain with something else on the spin cycle

Now spin it faster for a remix

After this all I kept getting were a ton of drag queen videos. Nuts to this noise! If I want people in funny outfits I’ll be sure to see that they don’t take themselves seriously

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer glad you are still kicking 🙂 Saw your post on the dirgible project, sucks on the relocation. Hope you can find something appropriate soon 🙂

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Hey guys

Haven’t posted as in all honesty I was way too comfortable, lazy and relaxed on my day off. Gonna call this thread closed for today, I will go back over the responses later today at some point. Feel free to keep posting.

Someone else, by all means feel free to start a thread 😉

Im off to do some housework, hit the gym, collect a parcel and prepare for a game of the Batman Miniature Game tonight.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 4 reply:

@evilstu

I read that write up a few days ago. Love the write up. Would you be tempted to do a youtube video or an article and submit it to BoW? If you gave it a full essay type of job and presented it as a volume of writing as opposed to a forum post it would make quite a good read with tea or coffee and a biscuit.

I like the sound of D10s, Halflings, generic humans, barbarians and gnolls. Also Olympians. List of Monsters? But there are already a list for humans right? Ohhhhhhh burn on you humanity! Too political?

I think generic is good, leaves more to the imagination and creativity. If this proves popular than I can see it expanding along the lines you describe with what is absence. Its just logical isnt it?

I always wanted an army entirely of Vampires.

Sheidlwolf do some nice looking stuff but I have never actually bought any of their stuff…

40 Dubloons for the write up.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 5 replies:

@sundancer (20 Dubloons)

What was the price of the depot like? 10 Dubloons, looks good so far. 10 Dubloons for posting the loot. Discworld miniatures and more Star Wars terrain?

Ah an update pic, 10 more Dubloons.

@limbuger (15 Dubloons)

Im just only after getting that the name is an annagram of nowhere? 15 Dubloons for the post.

Valid points on crafting a world. You need to make the world first and define the design aethetic. Not just pick random crap outta thin air. It put me off a lot of fanasy novels where the cover and write up would be nice and then I read the map and the naming conventions are either: deriviatve, all over the place, unoriginal, or the author never checked to see if a place in the real world has that name (one made me laugh: Connacht or Connaught spelled along those lines or slightly different – a real province in Ireland consisting of several counties).

Any pics of said boat?

@woldenspoons (10 Dubloons)

Do you think the background and the level of detail is more a blessing than a curse with new players? Some say 40k is soo big that they find it hard to enter, but I have found not too many people have that opinion.

Yeah, the tribe, clan, regiment, hold, warrior lodgbe, legion, chapter, craftworld, kabal etc can be very important in 40k and AoS too.

10 Dubloons

@tuffyears (200 Dubloons)

Good good paint pic paint show show

You did all those recently? How long did they take? That’s one half of a starter set! Carrion Empire?

200 Dubloons man. Awesome.

@evilstu (10 Dubloons)

10 Dubloons for feedback and responses to others

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 6 reply:

A bit indeed @horati0nosebl0wer ! Ill check out your music and links shortly. For now I am collecting a parcel and then off to the gym for a PT session.

Ill post pics of my own material later too!

Also would you guys mind checking this out? Im not getting much in the way of replies or feedback. Im not asking you to reply per se, but could you tell me if there is anything wrong/off/unappealing about the thread and how I may remedy that? Or if its the photography? Cheers!

The Hobbit: Escape from Goblin Town

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

IMG_20190222_132510

This is the other half of carrion empire. The Skaven to me a long weekend to paint

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage the depot is around 45€/US$ depending on were you get it but I had 40% off. An offer I couldn’t resist. XD

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

That is too good an offer to refuse! I shall tally this up in the next day or so ish.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)