Skip to toolbar

Adds showing on start page

Home Forums Technical Support Adds showing on start page

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hey, one of the reasons I pay my Backstager/CoG membership is to see less adds on the landing page.

But here we are (again) and most of my screen is blocked by adds with a taunting “turn of adds” line above them. Please fix that.

add_1

add_2

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I didn’t even realise this was a “perk” of being a CoG member. I just accepted that the website was supposed to be littered with adverts (I stopped even seeing the “turn off” link).

TBH I’ve stopped browsing the site and just head straight to the forum. Navigating the rest of this site can be really tricky; which is a shame because sometimes I’ll see an interesting article – but only if it’s a link in a box with an icon. And sometimes the links are easily missed because of all the advertising – it just becomes a blur of boxes onscreen.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

weirdly enough after the next refresh after complaining the issue went away.

Maybe just a hickup

Maybe the load balancers where out of whack

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Second verse, same a the first.

again

Since the site updated for the Infinity week it’s back. And refreshes and new logins don’t do sh*t.

Please! Fix!

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I thought we were sharing some cool-kids reference to early-80s punk-pop.
    Then I listened to the song again and realised it’s not “second verse”…. at all.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

I guess that was in the back of my mind somehow XD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)