Skip to toolbar

And the learning continues. And my printer has found a sole mate!

Home Forums 3D Printing for Tabletop Gaming And the learning continues. And my printer has found a sole mate!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  davehawes 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

madasaskaven
    2602xp
    Cult of Games Member

so having bought my first 3D printer and had a horrible experience. I was not put off, in fact I was driven on by all the hype about it.  So I got my first second hand Prusa i3mk2s.  And it was like the best thing ever.  For a newby to start with it just was setup and play.  Well kind of, but I got results.  And when your starting out that’s what you want right! There is nothing so disheartening than struggling getting no where.  The frustration builds and you eventually give up.  Well I didn’t give up and bought in to the whole make your own stuff idea.

Now im sure others will say that this or that isn’t right and you know what it doesn’t matter.  Cos as long as your happy then that’s what counts.  But I’m open to ideas like anyone. After all we all want to get better. So after been so impressed I bought the second Prusa i3mk2s. And they now happily sit and print along side each other.  Making their dad happy, churning out buildings and bits and bats movement trays and walls.  Here’s a couple of the happy pair together and my latest project a ruined chateau.  CF47C632-F184-4F0B-A945-71938F873891C082B374-91D1-422A-A768-EB7FFDAAAB40

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  madasaskaven.

madasaskaven
    2602xp
    Cult of Games Member

IMG_0503 2

theeuropean
    141xp
    Cult of Games Member

Looking Good!

Are you using PLA?

How do you find the noise?

I bought a Creality 3d 10s, which has been reasonably successful with PLA, but had to change the hot end fan and install some vibration dampers because it became noisey quite quickly!

Liking your prints – keep up the good work!

madasaskaven
    2602xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yes, Im printing with PLA, which is by far the easiest to work with and cheap to boot. I get a roll for about £15  that gives about 330 meters of filament. and that prints about 3 of the chateau models. I think I worked it out to be about 70p of electricity per model, so after an initial purchase of the file, these are super cheap. As far as noise, the machines are in the garage so I dont hear them. I had a CR10s to start with but mine was faulty so had to send it back. I wish these i32s had the same size build plate though. Thanks for the support, I love the idea that the table contains stuff you’ve made yourself. Just bought the farmhouse, townhouse and farm set from the same site. I have high expectations for these new builds now.

madasaskaven
    2602xp
    Cult of Games Member

IMG_0513 2IMG_0511

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  madasaskaven.

civilcourage
    Participant
    11114xp

Wow these look great, im really on the fence about getting a 3d printer, its essentially another hobby on its own and i already dont have much time, but making your own stuff to the quality ive seen just looks amazing. The fact that you can leave them to run for hours by themselves makes it more enticing. Ive been looking at the Crealty ender 3 but this is less plug in and play so perhaps the CR10 or Prusa is the way to go.

Have you bought many files for it? Do you use it primarily for terrain?

madasaskaven
    2602xp
    Cult of Games Member

Civilcourage, I bought the machines for terrain, I worked out how much I was spending on buying buildings and stuff and thought why don’t I have a go at making it myself. Not been gifted in the scratch build department this was the way to go. I have bought a fair few files and I’m backing a Kickstarter at the moment for some others. There are loads on thingiverse but the quality of these are unbelievable. I don’t know why the second photo didn’t show above.  I find the prusa to be click and print. it’s brill.  IMG_0511

civilcourage
    Participant
    11114xp

Thanks for the info @madasaskaven , its going to happen at one point, they are just too versatile for me to pass up and the price points aren’t restrictive anymore either. I think once ive got a few armies painted i can turn to terrain and the odd tank…or two, this could be dangerous!

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Awesome results, looks very nice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)