Skip to toolbar

Angmar

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  smithsco 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wolfie65
    Participant
    1228xp

So I’m painting Mithril no. 47 Angmar Orc with spear and looking for inspiration for the base. One Tolkien fan site says Angmar is a ‘yellow swamp, another says it’s a ‘barren mountain region’. Those two are not friends, you can’t have a swamp and mountains in the same place, so what say you: swamp or mountain ?

khusrau
    Participant
    1158xp

You’ve never gone walking in the Scottish Highlands then?

Canon is barren mountain range, but you could quite easily intersperse those with marsh.

Funnily enough I had the same conversation with Phil Barker on one of his sets of ancient rules,  and terrain combinations. He maintained boggy ground couldn’t be overlaid on hills, as it would drain…

wolfie65
    Participant
    1228xp

While Scotland certainly is wet, it’s not a swamp…..nor all that mountainous. I’d describe that as hills rather than mountains.

khusrau
    Participant
    1158xp

Ok. I am going to assume you’ve never climbed Cuillins, the Aonach Egach or Cairngorm plateau then. The thing that folk forget is that Scottish mountains on the coastline tend to rise 1000 metres from the sea. Its not like those are after a series of elevations.

Swamps are just warmer marshes. You might be thinking of bogs.

smithsco
    Participant
    1200xp

Cold, foothills and mountains. Probably not a lot of greenery because it is inhabited by orcs. They tend to avoid sunlight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)