Skip to toolbar

Announcement about HeroQuest coming in 10 days HeroQuest (avalonhill.com)

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Announcement about HeroQuest coming in 10 days HeroQuest (avalonhill.com)

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 39 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  kiranamida 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

turbocooler
    Participant
    4103xp

@limburger — Hasbro/Avalon Hill do not own the rights to the name.  That right is owned by a 3rd party that is listed in one of my previous posts.   Restoration Games is getting the rights for a different derivation of the name.   That does not mean we cannot see a different spin our Hero Quest.   Restoration games has used creator of Gloomhaven and Eric Lang in past games.  It could be a different game with actual quests campaigns in the Hero Quest Universe.   So, it does not matter if it is HeroQuest or HeroQuest Legends, it could be in the same universe.

The question remains, does Hasbro do this on the cheap and just give us a reprint, or do they make a more modern up to date game or do they offer both in one box?  Nobody knows but we will all find out in about 3 days time

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

I suspect the bard is right … I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a (misguided) attempt at making HQ woke by forcing the Elf to be female and doing something to the classic Barbarian in addition to giving them names.

The twitter account already hints at one answer :
    updated art

Image posted :

Original version of this image :

I do hope this is a world-wide release and that it is easy to understand for someone with basic English knowledge if they don’t do localized versions.

mecha82
    Participant
    10037xp

Seems interesting. I am fully in favor of bringing HQ back with some updates.

sweetdaddyg
    Participant
    69xp

Any heroquest is good in my book. I had that sticker album!

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

So a reprint of the board game. $99 for the base game, or $149 with 2 x expansions. Looks good. Never played the original so not aimed at me but good luck to them as they need to raise $1m apparently.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

the ‘surprise’ is revealed :
    – it is a ‘kickstarter’ by Hasbro on their own platform
    – US-only

HeroQuest Game System

The only ‘good’ is that the 1 million target (and delivery Fall 2021!)  is far more realistic than most kickstarters that start low and still end near the 1 million mark …

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  limburger.

bubbles15
    Participant
    2298xp

All looks great. Was really interested. Then read that it’s US / Canada only.

Is this because of a trademark issue, because Hasbro doesn’t want the hassle of posting to the rest of the world or just doesn’t know it exists?

laughingboy
    20673xp
    Cult of Games Member

I honestly did not have high hopes and thus this is not as much of a let down as it could have been.

The artwork is awful, the price is awful it looks like a knock off product rather than a reimaging or even a remastering.

This will not bring Heroquest to the young masses out there that deserve to play it…. save up buy an original.

balginstondraeg
    Participant
    1151xp

Hasbro HQ announcement

As people predicted on the Dakka Dakak thread, it’s a regional exclusive that actually makes it impossible to “legitimately” purchase a copy in the country the game was originally released in.

bubbles15
    Participant
    2298xp

Yup. Miffed at that.

balginstondraeg
    Participant
    1151xp

The fact that some of the stretch goal miniatures are campaign exclusives gives hope of a general worldwide release at some point in the future.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@bubbles15 I’d say it is because Hasbro is being stupid …

there could be a relation to the Restoration Games license, but I kind of doubt RG is powerful enough to make demands like that from companies like Hasbro (and I doubt they would be that stupid given that they are passionate).

The simple fact that they’re using their own ‘crowd funding’ platform means that they’re trying to profit from the crowdfunding hype without having to do the work.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

The artwork is awful, the price is awful it looks like a knock off product rather than a reimaging or even a remastering.

This will not bring Heroquest to the young masses out there that deserve to play it…. save up buy an original.

Are we looking at the same website? Check that price against other similar KS it it looks like good value. Art is in keeping with the original. Minis look great, and you get alt sculpts for all the main characters.

Shame it is US/Canada only, but probably a licence thing and not something HASBRO has control over.

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

Shame it’s US/Canada only. Not a fan of all the minsi an artwork but I would still pledged.

slayerofworlds
    Participant
    3449xp

I won’t be backing this one.

The game looks to be an exact copy mechanical wise, even down to rolling red dice to move.  Just with upgraded miniatures, and they want $150 for an all in pledge.  Nope… forget it.

Funding goal of million dollars before stretchgoals start? Really,  that sucks.  Then the stretchgoals are at 200k increments, for very small gains.   Forget that BS.

Atleast normal kick starters pad out there large price tags with decent incentive stretchgoals.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)