Skip to toolbar

Arcworlde – Mini Battle Report Albionnican Empire Vs Bayourks

Home Forums Fantasy Tabletop Game Discussions Arcworlde – Mini Battle Report Albionnican Empire Vs Bayourks

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mage 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

The Albionnican Empire troopers heard a rumbling from their camp. Captain Hawthorne was the first to see the Bayourks of the Cayjon Swamp lands at dawn, on his morning constitutional. Their attempt at an early morning drunken raid almost caught the stalwart soldiers off guard. Almost…

In quick order the Albionnicans were in formation, ready for a scrap!

View post on imgur.com

Vigilant, the soliders of the Empire were savvy to the Bayourky treachery and had an eye out on the right flank.

View post on imgur.com

The Bayourk Chieftain hurled his Boglin underlings across the battlefield in a vain attempt to slow down the Albionnican counter attack, as well as disrupting their firing lines. However, these somewhat valuable support models did not belong in a combat.

View post on imgur.com

In short order the Albionnican Halberdiers shredded them to greenskin mince.

View post on imgur.com

After the initial manoeuvres, the Bayourks themselves crashed into the slightly broken formation of humans. The momentum crushed a Halberdier, a man due to get married when he got home. His best man fled behind a wall. It was now McCoy’s duty to inform Benson’s widow of what had transpired. If he survived, that is…

With the crossbowman and Captain wounded, things had to change…

View post on imgur.com

The Boglins decided to storm the hill. The first one that made it up, swiping with exhausted fury, only to take significant damage from a crossbowman as he smashed the diminutive creature’s skull in with a the butt of his namesake weapon. Another strike slew the impish monster. His countryman did likewise, and the right flank was once more secure.

View post on imgur.com

A series of orders and fine swordsmanship from Captain Hawthorne made light work of the Bayourk Brute who had initially crashed into the Albionnican lines. Thie Chieftain, sobering up at his losses, badly failed a courage test and ran. Failing to rally for the game.

<I posted a rules query on the official Arcworlde facebook page. I asked if Generals take Cowardice checks, to which one of the actual games designers said ‘Yes, but it is very rare that they fail.’ Below is my response to him, which is highly tongue in cheek to say the least.>

View post on imgur.com

Captain Hawthorne boomed out a challenge to an epic duel to the last Bayourk. They accepted, realising their fate, but also disgusted by their Chieftain’s cowardice. He would win glory for his tribe, and should he survive, usurp leadership.

View post on imgur.com

Fortunately for the Empire, Captain Hawthorne prevailed. With contempt for the hulking leader’s flight, he deemed his nemesis unworthy of honour or gentlamnanly warfare. With a heavy breath sustained from severe injuries fighting the Chieftain’s subourdinate, he gave out the order to fire.

View post on imgur.com

The Chieftain died, pincushioned in the back by a rain of crossbow bolts. When the dust settled, two soldiers of Albionnica had passed on, while not a single greenskin drew breath.

View post on imgur.com

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

Excellent battle report…. loved the dramatic tone, and the story you told. (and the nice looking table). All in all time well spent. Thanks for sharing .       Oh, and I hope Benson’s widow is bearing up well. The poor dear.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

That will have to be a follow up scenario for a different day, poor lass.

The table and terrain are those of @irredeemable

The minis are mine. I gave him a spare rubook a while back. We had a great laugh playing, and the rules are great too. Fun, quick, easy but the way they are written. You can definetley get what the spirit behind them is all about.

civilcourage
    Participant
    11114xp

The arc worl models do look nice, the discworldesq feel to them helps. The AAR makes it feel like that too. Good job!

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

AAR?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)