Skip to toolbar

Battletech news and controversy

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Battletech news and controversy

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dawfydd 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

gojira01
    273xp
    Cult of Games Member

Some good news the Alpha Strike box set is supposed to hit retail on November 16. https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/52598/battletech-alpha-strike-boxed-set-storms-retail-stores

The new kickstarter is to start during adeptiocon. https://bg.battletech.com/category/news/news-and-announcements/

Some unfortunate controversy.  The Rommel tank has been apparently “squatted”  When the new Patton tank was previewed

people asked about the sister tank design the Rommel they were told that it would never be seen again.  When people asked about the reason.  They were told that it wasn’t going to be discussed due to rule number 4 of the forum.  Which caused people to start talking to each other.  At which point   a moderator posted and I am paraphrasing (That since people were to dumb to take a hint any further discussion about it would recieve an offical warning)   started to issue threats.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/general-discussion/recognition-guide-ilclan-discussion-part-6-new-kickstarter-new-volumes/msg1878880/#msg1878880

Having read more of the forum page it is  worse than  I originally thought

gojira01
    273xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just going to cut and paste some moderator reply unless they disappear.

++MODERATOR NOTICE++

Quote from: Adrian Gideon on 31 October 2022, 22:06:24
    It should be obvious. No, I won’t discuss any of it, here or elsewhere, and it’s rule 4 here so that’s pretty much the end of it.

Since nobody seems to have taken the hint, let me be less subtle: This particular topic will not be brought up on these forums in any way shape or form. Period.

This is your final warning before actual Warnings get thrown around.

Colonel

You interrupted me reading TROs for this?

Re: Recognition Guide: ilClan Discussion Part 6 – New Kickstarter, New Volumes?
    « Reply #173 on: 03 November 2022, 10:02:45 »

MODERATOR NOTICE

Despite my colleague’s rather explicit directions to drop the subject some of you are apparently under the illusion this is an invitation to ask questions or get some sort of pithy remark in or comment on expanding to other things.  I’m not clear how you would come to that conclusion considering Weirdo made it explicit people are receiving Warnings, but let me assure you that line of conversation will not continue in here.

That can be because people get a clue or it can be because my colleagues and I keep disappearing posts and handing out warnings.  Your choice, people.  Choose wisely.

On a related note, please do not drag in drama from other sites.  (No, this is not random.)
    « Last Edit: 04 November 2022, 10:24:00 by Moonsword »

In my opinion very hostile and unwaranted.

kiranamida
    5782xp
    Cult of Games Member

I don’t follow Battletech but I am confused. People can’t discuss the company removing products from the line because of the rule *looks up the rule page on the forum* “4. No politics or religion”?
    How does that work?

Or is this about dropping the use of the name and it’s associations? A re-branding if you will.

Does seem a little harsh of a response, considering my brief scan of that thread showed people asking if they’ll be getting the same things on the table under a new guise or not.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

I guess it because the tank in Question is the Rommel. So potentially a discussion on Nazi/Wehrmacht adjacent machines?

soulman
    2945xp
    Cult of Games Member

Crazy world….thank god there is no “Biden” tank design, that be gone in couple of years replaced by the “T***p” design..giggles..

But a big thank you for the news on the starter set… been driving me nuts nobody knowing the release date..Really like to buy into alpha strike and of course simple to paint too….

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Is it a starter as such? I guess if you “only” play Alpha Strike. Or am I missing something here?

gojira01
    273xp
    Cult of Games Member

Its kind of a starter box and kind of not.  It is more like the main game of armoure combat box.  It has the basic alpha strike rules but not most of the optional rules you would find in the Alpha Strike Commanders Edition rulebook. So basic rule but not just bare bones minium introductory rules.

onlyonepinman
    18051xp
    Cult of Games Member

@soulman They actually made a prototype of the Trump MBT but it was scrapped.  It very rarely did what the operators wanted, it just made a lot of noise.  The Biden tank was even worse; during operational trials it would randomly just shutdown for a few minutes before starting up again as if nothing had happened.  Truly the age of legends has LONG since ended

soulman
    2945xp
    Cult of Games Member

Unlike tanks mechs can climb stairs.. 🙂 Just starting to play mechwarrior 5 on the xbox to get a feel for the IP…

tacticalgenius
    3815xp
    Cult of Games Member

interesting, even Patton was controversial, i.e. slapping soldier with PTSD, wanting to continue aggression vs Soviets, even a movie or two on attempted assassination of Patton….if that is not controversial, what is….same as Rommel , less but still controversial.

frankelee
    Participant
    1159xp

Message board moderators having the least authority of anyone with authority in the universe, naturally let it go to their heads more than anyone else as well. It’s a rather rude way to treat the ten people who actually hang out on that board, but this is simply the way of the world.

gojira01
    273xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well I just downloaded the newest identification guide and all is WOW.  This is either an epic case of moderator ego and  incompetence.  On the other hand it could be the biggest case of back pedaling due to fan backlash in years.

The lore reason that is given on that would not have caused  a backlash at all.  It wouldn’t have been popular but people would have shrugged and carried on. I qoute from the Patton section of Ilclan Recogniton guide 27 “Defiance’s marketing department long ago realized that producing two visually similar tanks with nearly
    identical roles teetered on the brink of madness.”

dawfydd
    11886xp
    Cult of Games Member

Whelp, managed to snag a Comstar Battle Level II along with the Battlefield Support Deck and the Alpha Strike card packs for the Succession Wars & Clan Invasion, plus some double reward points goodness on top courtesy of Goblin Gaming. Just waiting now for the Alpha Strike boxed set to hit UK retailers so they can send out my pre-order. That should just leave the Clan Support and Heavy Battle Stars to pick up so I can say I have one of everything currently in plastic 🙂

Oh, and earlier this month I rounded out the modern Technical Readout anthologies with TRO: Dark AgeIMG_7939

As the era that really got me into the Lore of Battletech, I do have a massive soft spot for a lot of these designs. I have a load of them from the Dark Age & Age of Destruction ‘Clix games but it’s be kinda cool to see some of these get the same treatment as the older, classic designs have been getting. I’m trying to resist dropping £24 just for a 3d printed Timber Wolf at the right scale (£12 plus £12 postage – O_o )….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)