Skip to toolbar

[BattleTech][Iron Wind Metals] RALLY THE TROOPS!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [BattleTech][Iron Wind Metals] RALLY THE TROOPS!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

This just in from Catalyst Game Labs:

RALLY THE TROOPS!
    It’s time to come together for one of our own. One of the owner/operators of Iron Wind Metals, a BattleTech licensed product line since the FASA days, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. To assist her family, we are dedicating all profit from this month’s Premium BattleMech Miniature to her health care expenses.

The Hammerhead is 45-ton, ilClan era design by Clan Sea Fox, provided to all Clans and Inner sphere factions in a tariff-free offering. Now, add it to your own TO&E!

This premium variant uses new modeling techniques being employed to update all BattleMech designs. It comes unassembled and unpainted, with posable arms in ball-and-joint sockets. Sea Fox engineers are assuring all buyers that the shoulder sockets will accommodate the arms of future premiums in the same weight class for the ultimate kit-bashing experience.

Link to miniature: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/hammerhead-premium-miniature

The mini is only 14,99USD but sadly shipping to Germany is automatically calculated at  118,47USD “FedEx International Economy®”. Maybe some folk over in the US can chime in?

@brennon @avernos would it be possible to put this on the front page please?

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

that shipping is ridiculous … it’s giving me 118$ as well, which must mean it is a full sized mech instead of a mere model 😉

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

Did it to me a few months back when tried to order Wolfhound exclusive,  its a Catalyst thing, as ordered some battlespace ships from Ironwind and paid nothing like that much.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Any Catalyst dealers in Europe ?

Maybe that’s why they don’t have a cheap shipping option on their USA site ?

zorg
    18732xp
    Cult of Games Member

the mech is sold out now.

that reminds me of the ED209 from the 2014 film.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  zorg.

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

95%  sure they don’t have European Distributors,  one of the problems with stocks in Europe,  we get odd bits not sent to U.S which seems to be a Catalyst mind block, though happy for anyone in community to disagree with me ( with reasons and examples).

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well there is that problem. In the past Ulisses Spiele translated and sold Battletech. When Catalyst changed to the new (current) logo Ulisses somehow lost steam on that front. I don’t know why or what is happening but if you look at there store page they only sell “classic battletech” which is stuff with the old logo.

So maybe Catalyst just doesn’t see the value in a supplier in the EU or Europe? And just looking at the last Kickstarter.

It had 11.277 backers.

USA 7.257
    Canada 763
    Germany 640
    UK 618
    Australia 503

So 71% are continental America (US & Canada)

Only 5.6% German but 81% English speaking countries.

Those are numbers that don’t really scream “we need to get this translated and into the Hands of the Germans”.  Does it? Still baffled though that German numbers are higher then UK.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)