Skip to toolbar

British Desert Force 1941

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions British Desert Force 1941

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yarkshiregamer 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

yarkshiregamer
    Participant
    456xp

20200727_154539

20200727_152013

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/2020/07/troops-on-parade-british-desert-force.html

https://youtu.be/QetIfmoQnUc

My name is Ken and I am a Gamer, it’s been 4 days since I last bought any figures.

This project is a warning to you all, this was supposed to be a box of Perrys Miniatures and a couple of Tanks, it got out of hand.

I’ve done a video of the collection on the Utubes and if you don’t do videos there are are loads of photos on the blog post.

It’s a downhill slope, don’t let it be you.

Regards Ken
    The Yarkshire Gamer

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Holy mackerel! That’s a nice looking army bud. Is an army really ever truly finished?

oriskany
    60733xp
    Cult of Games Member

That’s an epic force, @yarkshiregamer !  I love the inclusion of the Rolls Royce armored cars, looks like both “regular” trucks and Matadors (?) to tow heavier artillery, Vickers VIb, early Valentines, early Crusaders, and I’m not 100% sure … some A-9 or A-10 tanks as well?  I also like the M3 Honeys for scenarios later on … seriously, you’ve got this whole thing covered!

Great!  So this army (or at least parts of it) should be able to handle everything from … Compass through Brevity , Battleaxe, and Crusader?

Actually those trucks, Crusaders, Valentines, and Honeys could be included ins some 42 scenarios as well, especially if the scenario focuses on some of the infantry / Commonwealth divisions.

yarkshiregamer
    Participant
    456xp

Cheers,

I go through all the vehicles on the video.

We are playing a 23 game Op Compass Campaign followed by a 14 Game Op Crusader Campaign so everything I need is covered here. We’ve draw a line at 31st Dec 1941, if it’s not in the Desert then, it’s not coming in.

Trucks are CMPs and Bedford QLs we use them for infantry transport.

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)