Skip to toolbar

Colours for French 1812 pattern musician jackets

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Colours for French 1812 pattern musician jackets

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cuirass 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cuirass
    5397xp
    Cult of Games Member

28166ED9-639D-44A9-85F3-9CEEE19EC860Does anyone have a good colour recipe for the dark green colour on the 1812 pattern jackets of French Napoleonic musicians?

I’m currently working on these long neglected Carabiniers.  I’ve started work on the musicians but feel that the jackets are a bit too matt. I used Vallejo military green as a base and then highlighted by adding Vallejo Tan Yellow to the mix. I know that this could pass as a worn campaign look, but in a moment of madness I decided to paint my Carabiniers in something approximating Full Dress so I want a dark green combination that is a little more flamboyant/eye catching.

Anyone got any thoughts?

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

I typically use Vallejo German Camoflage Dark Green as a base, Vallejo Flat Green as an intermediate, and Vallejo Olive Green as a highlight. Depending on how bright or dark I want the end result, I’ll mix between the three. I find using thin layers of Flat Green and repeating layers to build vibrancy, or not if I want a duller/darker green, is very effective in controlling the brightness of the end result.

20210918_123103

cuirass
    5397xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks scribbs, I shall give that a try and let you know how I get on!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)