Skip to toolbar

Conquest! Para Bellum reveal plastics and Dweghom army starter box(PS DRAGON!)

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Conquest! Para Bellum reveal plastics and Dweghom army starter box(PS DRAGON!)

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shadowwalker 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

twodeesick
    Participant
    2893xp

No post for this game in the news section yet, so here’s one.

Release date has been finally set as Q2 2019 and the plastics are looking sharp…. litterally XD

Free rules, stories, lore and online armybuilder at http://www.para-bellum.com

The first of 4 teaser trailers has also been released

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  twodeesick.

twodeesick
    Participant
    2893xp

New news 🙂

They will also be bundling single player faction starters containing 3 units and a rulebook. No confirmation on the price of them but they will be a discount on separate sets but not as big of a discount on the 2 player starter.

If I were a betting man, I would wager in the €60-65 band .

twodeesick
    Participant
    2893xp

And there’s the Dweghom army starter box art…

That’s a dragon. And enslaved dragon.

How can we improve it?

Ah! A cannon?

Nay! TWO CANNONS!

-Dweghom logic XD

price permitting, they are planning to include the dragon in the army starter. Will find out once pricing is confirmed.

45853276_2065239800453501_2403331731676463104_n

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  twodeesick.

twodeesick
    Participant
    2893xp

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

Had the opertunity to play a demo game of this last week; good game.  Ruleswise there’re enough similarities to WHFB that vets of that game will be able to pick it up easily, but enough differences that I don’t think you’ll have to worry about muddling the two up.

As a ChaosDwarf player, I’m looking forward to seeing what’s in the Dweghom starter; the Spire and Kingdoms minis I demoed with looked good, so I’m sure the Dweghom will be too. 🙂

twodeesick
    Participant
    2893xp

The only real similarity mechanically are unit flank arcs, d6 and how you wheel on the march ie pivoting off one corner.

I know the _want_ to put a lesser enslaved dragon (The one with 2 cannons saddled to it) in but it will depend on costing. Other than that, going off the box art, it looks like Clan Warriors and Ardent Berzerkers are a strong guess 🙂

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

Profiles are similar; the names for each stat are different, but can be matched fairly well, with the main difference being how they’re used and how high the actual numbers are.  It’s not a perfect match, but the similarity is close enough that a WH vet can get their head around them by thinking ‘this is WS, this is BS’ etc.

Also working out who can fight is similar, but instead of working out individual minis, you go off bases (and even then bases don’t fight at full strength, ie if a base has lost two minis then only the two remaining ones get to fight not the full four unlike in say KoW there’s no drop off).

And iir the movement rules correctly, reforming a unit is also the same as in WH (although again it goes off bases rather than individual minis).

Fairly sure there were other similarities/parallels, but don’t recal off hand.

twodeesick
    Participant
    2893xp

It definitely shares some wargaming conventions but these arent exclusive to whfb. Personally, I don’t like comparing it to WH just because it plays very, very differently.

46206219_2067401480237333_6668435995513323520_o

Oh the connotations XD XD XD might need a wet wipe.

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

Never said they were exclusive to WHFB, just that there were parallels and there were enough that WHFB vets can get into it easily, with enough differences to avoid confusion.

And I think it’s fair to draw comparisons with what was until a few years ago one of (if not the) biggest mass combat fantasy games in the hobby, especially if it’s a favourable one. 😉

twodeesick
    Participant
    2893xp

The battle of Nepenthe brought to life. The artwork just blows me away…

46450837_2069129793397835_5776767851054497792_n

This is a scene from the first instalment of Nepenthe – The Price, part one of a three peice novelette available for free download from;

https://www.para-bellum.com/what-is-new

Parts two and three, Deliberations and Last Argument are a contrast to part one and to each other….

I highly recommend giving it a read.

shadowwalker
    Participant
    668xp

The artwork for this game is one of its strongest points. The short stories are fun too. Personally I cannot wait for the City States and how the ‘werewolves’ for Nords look like.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  shadowwalker.

shadowwalker
    Participant
    668xp

Pics of Trolls for Nords and Executor and Centaurine Cavalry for Spires https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/690/740261.page

twodeesick
    Participant
    2893xp

I actually think that the werewolves (the one pictured in the rulebook) are for the undead coming after the Wardruun (orcs)

shadowwalker
    Participant
    668xp

Nords fluff (check the Blooded entry) mentions shapechangers. To quote: ”…the Valdeyr possess the amazing ability to shift into beasts and back, but with none of the control of their ancient forebears. The Stalkers have inherited their keen senses of the greatest of hunters…”.

twodeesick
    Participant
    2893xp

Ah yeah, good point!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)