Skip to toolbar

Don't Look Back ?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wolfie65 2 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wolfie65
    Participant
    1229xp

While I’m not a fan of slasher movies – the first 4 of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise are pretty much the only ones I actually like – this game does look fun and some very intriguing expansions, especially the Gourd Reaper. I also like the fact that solo play is not only possible without having to adjust the game mechanics, but is built into the basic system as a viable option.

The minis are not my usual fare, but pretty cool and you don’t need many to start playing.

Anyone tried this and what did you think ?

henrypaints
    Participant
    20xp

Love the game, simple to pickup. Great Minis. All round good fun. Just played with the basic set and then some Scooby Doo minis so not tried the expansions yet.

Bit of a playthrough here https://henryspaintshop.wordpress.com/2022/02/07/dont-look-back-the-haunted-house/

longshotte
    1722xp
    Cult of Games Member

20220327_002302Just finished painting my starter set.  Now to get my first games in!

schnitzel
    Participant
    945xp

It is a great narrative based game. Try silly stuff. If you power play to maximize your win chances you gonna have a bad time. The killer movement can be tricky / teleporty, just like in the movies!

For questions and a great community, go to the BSS discord

https://discord.gg/TChw7YQ7w6

20220122_232806

20220123_00084020220122_233605

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  schnitzel.

wolfie65
    Participant
    1229xp

No worries, I’m not a power gamer – I think I might be the only one in my area who owns Bretonnian men-at-arms minis – and based on some of the batreps I’ve watched, the good guys/victims ‘teleport’ too, sometimes, via ‘tap on the shoulder.

Always wondered about that in those movies: Freddy Krueger being everywhere at once makes sense, he’s a demon, but at least in the beginning, Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees are just guys. Extremely large, demented guys, but not supernatural.

And yet, when everyone runs away from them and they just walk, they still catch up with everybody….

Same with Leatherface: A chubby guy wearing not only a leather mask – not good for breathing – and a butcher’s apron – restrictive clothing – but also swinging a chain saw – awkward and heavy – should have no chance whatsoever of catching a young, fit, unencumbered girl running for her life.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)