Skip to toolbar

HEROQUEST – Hasbro / Ludofilia GameZone

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion HEROQUEST – Hasbro / Ludofilia GameZone

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 65 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  onlyonepinman 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

odinsgrandson
    Participant
    4288xp

I think it is important to note that the talk about Hasbro giving them a whole truckload of money for the Trademark rights is more speculation than even a rumor.

It isn’t based on someone in the know letting something slip. The facts as we know them are simply that Ludofilia (Gamezone) relinquished their trademark to HeroQuest and at the same time started talking like they were going to fulfill their game, along with a whole bunch of stuff that is definitely not true (like how they said that Hasbro has been helpful from the very start and BS like that).

odinsgrandson
    Participant
    4288xp

I think it is important to note that the talk about Hasbro giving them a whole truckload of money for the Trademark rights is more speculation than even a rumor.

It isn’t based on someone in the know letting something slip. It is just the consensus conclusion based on the timing of everything.

The facts as we know them are simply that Ludofilia (Gamezone) relinquished their trademark to HeroQuest and at the same time acting like they were going to fulfill their game. They also outright stated stuff that is definitely not true (like how Hasbro has been helpful from the very start back in 2013 and BS like that).

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

Maybe they have been “helpful” by not sueing them to hell and back when the kickstarter started ? 😉

Without access to their internal documents a lot of this is based on hearsay instead of factual evidence.

odinsgrandson
    Participant
    4288xp

It isn’t even hearsay. People who would actually know haven’t talked about it almost at all.

It is just what people surmised from watching their actions and guessing at the reasons. It looks like they ran out of money, claimed that they were ‘still fine tuning’ their game rules for nearly a decade and then had money to start production shortly after making a deal with Hasbro.

I think it is a logical conclusion, but the chances are that we’re missing something important.

I found someone who has posited that Ludofilia might have created a small run of games in order to use it as evidence for the fraud case they’re facing. I personally find it absurd to think that they’ve had enough money to produce the games all along and only now decided to do anything about it.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

that’s how conspiracy theories are created … and I kind of doubt Ludofillia GameZone can do anything to dispell even half of the myths that resulted from this sort of stuff.

It sucks … because the project is forever tainted by things that may not have happened at all.

onlyonepinman
    18053xp
    Cult of Games Member

They also outright stated stuff that is definitely not true (like how Hasbro has been helpful from the very start back in 2013 and BS like that).

I found someone who has posited that Ludofilia might have created a small run of games in order to use it as evidence for the fraud case they’re facing. I personally find it absurd to think that they’ve had enough money to produce the games all along and only now decided to do anything about it.

This is also speculation. We don’t actually know what’s happened. However if we look at what has been stated (and we have nothing else to go on) we see that:

1) Hasbro came into posession of the Heroquest Trademark in Spain
    2) At the exact same time Gamezone started talking about fulfilling their original crowdfunding pledges under a new name TseuQuest
    3) Both companies made statements about the change of ownership.
    4) Gamezone made a statement that Habro had been helpful with them since 2013
    5) Gamezone offered the option to swap from their TseuQuest to the Hasbro Heroquest

Anything outside of those statements is pretty much speculation. However it is highly possible (perhaps even likely) that the statements made by both companies following the transfer of ownership of the trademark, were in fact agreed with each other before being made. Therefore, if Gamezone are stating that Hasbro had been helpful since 2013, it’s a safe bet that Hasbro are OK with that statement. My personal take on that is that Hasbro and GameZone have been in talks since 2013, therefore it is also probable that the trademark was purchased. For how much or under what conditions we simply don’t know and probably never will. But whatever the terms and value of that transfer, it’s obviously given GZ confidence that they can now fulfil the crowdfunding campaign.

Personally I’m still not really banking on this every delivering anything, because as a company, GZ haven’t given me any confidence in their ability to do so. I still think there’s the capacity there for them to still bugger this up and thus I have still written this off as failure. However, I still think a sale of the Trademark is the most likley explanation for the most recent developments given what GZ have said

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)