Skip to toolbar

Hobby Pledges 2020

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Pledges 2020

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 73 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  shingen 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

One more for the pledge:

schoolgirl

utherdracus
    2784xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have been a bit slow in keeping updates done. With getting a £D printer I have now added “made” to the Bought list 😀

Total’s coming into May are now:-  bought/made 165  painted 121

Proget with photo’s is here  https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1480457/

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

gwen

Gwynnead, by Klukva, with a printed TF base. That’s one more done. I’m off to start Reichbusters now.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve painted the whole of Reichbusters and gotten some games in (its good, even solo).  That leaves me with 5 models left to go.  I may have to add to my pledge for the year.  More picks can be found here 6 posts down.

end mission 1

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve been making some good progress with the painting but am miles behind with updates.  I’ve taken plenty of photos though so hopefully I’ll be able to get caught up a bit now.  Firstly then we have the Jaberwock and some elderly Eldar.

Jabberwock front

Eldar all

As ever more shots available in my project: https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1488386

The B2 droids are finished, one more on my star wars pledge. Just the last big batch of B1 droids to go, and they are half done.

B2 droids

A new item on the pledge sheet though, my lockdown project: British vs Taliban.

british built

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

One more towards the goal: Widow of Vengeance

widveng

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

I forgot to update here so here’s 5 months worth of “progress” in a single post.

Pledge 1 – Paint it or punt it. This is going pretty well, I’ve cut down more than half of my collection and been pretty happy with the progress painting what is left. I have a project on the go for it here. I started the year with only 8% of my models completely painted and a collection of 1281 models. I am currently sitting with 631 models and 28.3% painted.

Pledge 2 – make terrain. I’ve reworked this pledge a little to painting the terrain kits I own rather than creating from scratch. I’ve kind of come to the realisation that I just don’t enjoy making scratch built as much as I thought I would. I am stepping up on terrain a bit more now though as home gaming will come back before my club reopens.

Pledge 3 – help more people into the hobby. Nope, Covid. I’m just going to drop this pledge at this point and also…

Pledge 4 – get the confidence to go to a tournament/organised play game day event this year. Buh-bye pledge, see you in 2021 maybe

Pledge 5 – Hobby for 30 mins a day for at least 25 days a month. This one has been an interesting pledge. I wouldn’t say it has been a success but I have been managing hobby on more days than I would have in the past. It is rarely less than an hour and often is two to three hours at a time. It has felt really good and so although not entire as designed, I’m happy with the progress.

shingen
    13941xp
    Cult of Games Member

Q2 report.

If you count the little boxes I did for the kids, on spot on 21 minis, just according to plan for the quarter, I’m behind yearly plan after very poor January and February.

Numbers

Pledged to: paint 7 minis per month – see above…

Pledged to: push myself on 5 minis this year, – 2 out of 5 is done, so quite on schedule,

Pledged to: Finish terrain for my gaming tables started in 2019 – not finished, but pushed forward, on schedule,

Pledged to: Not to buy a single miniature… – that didn’t quite work… but I bought less than I have painted, so that is my little victory.

Pledged to: Not to take part in any Kickstarter – success (I subscribed to some Patrons intead).

Pledged to: Take part in at least 2 hobby contests or challenges, – no changes here

Pledged to: Learn new 3d design tool – I started Blender and mastered MS 3d Builder.

Large pictures of my work are here: https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1498559/ , and this is little family pic:Bez nazwy

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Only 3 more models to go. They are all high end projects though.  No speed painting.

end angle

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

Warlord Kong by ScaleBro.  More pics available HERE.  Only 2 more models to go towards my pledge, and only 57 models left to paint in my house.

48609405-df[1]

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

This leaves just 1 more model for my pledge this year, and she intimidates me.  Black semi transparent stockings!  never done that before

Kerrub

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

@lawnor – then please share your progress! I’ve been too intimidated to try myself, but when done correctly, the end result can be stunning.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ll be watching lots of videos and I’ll be sure to document my attempts over HERE.  I’ve a few more relaxed minis to paint first, but Klukvas Cyber beauty is built and primed and making me feel guilty for ignoring her.  If anyone has any guides, projects or anything they think might help me please please please share.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  lawnor.

lawnor
    25920xp
    Cult of Games Member

My final model for my 2020 pledge:

cb x4

How is everyone elses pledge going?  There’s still 2.5 months left to go.  I’ll be posting the 2021 thread early December so think about what hobby you want to achieve next year.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)