Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 10/05/19 A bit of gaming philosophy this time

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 10/05/19 A bit of gaming philosophy this time

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 136 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  mage 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)
  • Author

warzan
    Keymaster
    30469xp

Sorry guys have been up to my eyes with the other guys on bootcamp prep.

I’m on duty in the store tonight and there is a good crowd in.

20190515_203243

But… I’m getting a chance to push a bit more hobby lol

20190515_20325820190515_203309

20190515_203318

Today I went on a trip down memory lane with this soundtrack

Anonymous
    0xp

@warzan Seventh Son of a Seventh Son was the soundtrack to my P7 trip to Edinburgh in 1990! My mum bought it for me so I would have a new tape to play on the boat and bus.  Wasn’t allowed to listen to it until I actually went on the trip. Still have the cassette but don’t have the box or inlay.  I met one of the guys I shared a room with on that trip a few years ago and he blamed me as he was still listening to it 25 years later.  I do love that album.

Hobby and crowd look good as well!

Anonymous
    0xp

@horati0nosebl0wer I never noticed the difference in my brushes between normal hand soap and brush soap.

IMG_1490

Anyway, finished that last night and have started to knit another bag.  This one is multicoloured!

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@woldenspoons

Ah you beat me too it with Thanos and Darkseid. I love both. More of a good thing! I liked the movie but I was disappointed and I know it is bad. It should have been better.

I agree with the Wonder Woman costume

And Villiains as meatphors: they ar comparable to a natural disaster then and thus there is no conflict as such. Id love Galactus as the villain for whatever comes after the Infinity saga.

@horati0nosebl0wer <10 points>

Too many Chiefs and not enough Apaches,

Hit the nail on the heat about the Metanarrative.

10 points for responses.

Nice haul with the Gatormen minis.

I might google Korean BBQ recipes.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@limburger

I did not see the first one but I did see the second, and the second one is awesome!

@warzan

Work is more important, this is just a silly thread! How is it going with everything? Looks fun! Any copies of Shadowspear left? Ive a hankering to order it on payday Friday week!

Nice hobby! 10 points for the pic. How do you feel about painting and contrast from GW coming out? Gonna come out of semi-retirement?

Ah Iron Maiden, Sweet!

So many links and vids to check out! This will pass my night shift quickly.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage yeah, that photo sure.

However I’m sure any researcher would find dozens of photos of her past WW 1 with a  bit of searching.
    Especially someone like Batman (or Lex Luthor for that matter).

One can’t hide in a modern world … and unless those pictures were events from her movie then she definitely could have done a better job by going off the grid.

I also think that her part wasn’t needed. Batman finding the evidence would have been enough for a sequel.

Suicide Squad definitely sucked. I kind of hope that the rumoured sequel (not sure) does to that setting what the second Hulk movie did for the green monster : make it better

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Probably, it is the age of the internet after all. Or maybe it was just sentimental to her and he got the original. As for her going off the grid in WW1 I doubt they saw the advent of the internet that far in advance, haha.

She kinda was needed to fight Doomsday to be fair.

Thing is they are trying world building quickly.

James Gunn is attached to the sequel so it should be good.

Anonymous
    0xp

Music (P-R)

warzan
    Keymaster
    30469xp

20190515_220251

Gonna call it for tonight.

I’m actually quite excited for the contrast paints but I suspect they may not be quite the magic bullet people think they are going to be… but we’ll see 🙂

Night night everyone!

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Those dinosaurs and lizards look really cool on their new bases. It is a really solid themed army.

@mage : they’re building the world too quickly.

Marvel had 3 movies and hints that tied them to a bigger thing before the Avengers was released.
    I’m not sure there was even a single hint that Man of Steel could have been in the same universe as Batman, because the Nolan movies were completely separate.
    Having Lex Luthor discovering these superhero types didn’t make sense.
    It’s as if the great strategist that is Batman never did anything except capture criminals in this one …

*arggh* … anyways … so many missing plot points and so much missed opportunity to do something interesting with either of these characters.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@limburger

They are rushing the world buliding. Marvel took their time like they were preparing a meal. DC kinda just slapped something together in a microwave.

Man of Steel was never intended to build a world but the studio changed their mind once it 668 million dollars.

For a guy who isn’t too into superheroes, comics or movies you sure seem to be disappointed it wasn’t more than it was 😉

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Im awake all night with the night shift…

Anyhoo.

@warzan

Your stuff looks great! Glad your feeling the auld hobby muses.

I think the contrast will be the GW equivalnet of the army painter method if that makes any sense. I imagine a future where you have a paint pot full of paint, medium, and nano bots who you can program the colour of. Can’t see it happening for a while though.

Personally, Im going to wait a few months before I use or invest in them. See what normal people and then the expert painters all accross the interwebs have discovered and learned: shortcuts, cheats, pitfalls and the general consensus and all that jazz.

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

I’m going to be a trail blazer and spend weeks telling everyone how they are the best thing since the paint handle until they just become a regular part of my paint range.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

That’s marketing 101 no?

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

“Buy all the things I want and if you don’t want them anymore I buy them from you… for a small price” XD

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)