Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender: 10/11 Fashionably late!

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender: 10/11 Fashionably late!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 80 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

Sorry for my lack of hobby reporting but I am on a real downer.

Last Wednesday when I went to play Kill Team I discovered one of my Nightmare Hulks was not in my bag. Realised I must have left it at the store on the Saturday when I played 40k. It does still happen!

Normally I am soooo careful but I do remember packing my figures away and feeling it wasn’t quite right.

Anyway, rather than someone finding it at the shop and handing it in, it has gone missing. As one of the important pieces of the Gellerpox Infected from a £90 box set that you can’t use duplicates from he is useless to whoever has ‘accidentally aquired’ him and makes my whole team almost pointless. I’m so annoyed at this that I am finding it really hard to go back to the shop. And if I’m not going to the shop then I’m not playing. If I’m not playing then I’m not buying new things.

The other thing of course being that the model was painted so it’s hardly like someone could pass it off as theirs.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

That sucks… maybe it has been found and is waiting for you? Have you asked the staff?

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

Grilled the staff, made them check everywhere and everyone. Had to bully my opponent from the Saturday to check his stuff, he just didn’t have a sense of urgency.

I’m pretty much at the kidnap and torture stage of proceedings.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

oh that’s bad :S

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@woldenspoons *eep* those are not happy thoughts.
    Are you really sure you didn’t misplace it and left it in another bag/location by accident ?

We don’t condone torture and kidnapping in these here parts, but I can definitely understand the sense of helplessness when this sort of stuff happens.

What can help is having a clear picture of the lost item in your mind. And then resetting your search pattern by looking in places you are absolutely sure it can’t possibly be. At least that’s what I do when I can’t find stuff anywhere.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 5 Respones:

Going to try and bang out some responses quick. Skipped training and had a mini-movie marathon while I painted and hobbied all day (Pirates of the Carribean 4, Gangs of New York and Guardians of the Galaxy). Also my ASOIAF kickstarter pledge arrived.

@woldenspoons Jeepers dude I am so sorry that this happened to you. That totally sucks. Are you on facebook? Maybe go on some forums like Warseer and start threads like a lost and found type thing?

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 3 replies:

@horati0nosebl0wer (10 Quatloos)

I know the thing you are on about. Let us not speak of it. 10 Quatloos for feedback and response to others

@sundancer Im back tomorrow. Grrr! More time off would be nice.

How much shrubbery?

@newbolter (25 Quatloos)

Welcome! 10 points for starting with us. Cool terrain idea, 15 points. I mean Quatloos.

@rayzryr (20 Quatloos)

Pretty good he is, thanks for asking. Hes in a gymnastics class and lego club as extracurricular. Also had a bold spot in school a couple of weeks ago but is behaving now.

Kinda distant and cold with their old agenda, like Eldar in 40k which were more closely based off Tolkien Elves, kinda? I have some Elves to paint myself. Definitively evil ones. Dark Elves. Ones which wear man skin as capes.

10 Quatloos for hobby prgoress, 10 more for respones to others.

@tuffyears (40 Quatloos)

Good stuff! 40 Quatloos

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Okay page 4 responses in the morning, Im off to bed. This thread shall end at 22:00 GMT Thursday. Gonna get some hobby supplies after work tomorrow, and finish off some stuff tomorrow when I get home. Maybe hit the gym too.

Then off to play Arcworlde on Thursday evening after work.

Then D&D on Saturday.

@rayzryr I believe that it might very well hurt. You be surprised what kind of practice the man has with hobby knives and the damage he’s inflicted on himself with so many sprues and old time Chaos figures.

@woldenspoons I believe that sundancer’s hobby knife skills might need to be looked into. That or threaten plastic figures with a fate similar to toons in the feature ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit” when ‘The Dip’ is brought out. Seriously though that speaks of the gaming space where you were. I hope you can find another place to play.

@mage Right, we’ve got a call on the end of it. So it is written; so it is done.

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

Apologies everyone the fates have conspired against me and I haven’t been able to join in the thread this week – hope to catch you all in the next one though 🙂

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Good morning everybody… well I hope you had a good morning. I was greeted by a “welcome to your new installed nextcloud server” screen… on  a productive system… Took my 2.5 hours to backup salvageable Data and do a clean reinstall and after that fix all the clients that log in… lucky me it was only my productive system and not one from a customer…  what a nightmare. Now: coffee.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@horati0nosebl0wer lol it is safer that way

@evilstu I shall still be awarding thee points. I mean quatloos

@sundancer

Indeed, coffee might be a good idea…

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage should the points not instead be awarded to @Sir_not_appearing_in_this_thread?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  evilstu.

rayzryr
    Participant
    20833xp

@woldenspoons that sucks, major.

I offer my commiserations and understanding: I am sure to this day that I had a folder of Magic cards stolen from my backpack in the 90’s when I had to leave it at the front of a store. I realised it was missing at some point later that day.

rayzryr
    Participant
    20833xp

@mage got to keep them young ‘uns busy. Lol. A lego club? I’ve never seen anything like it here! I would’ve been so into that in my primary school years. My daughter, not so much. Ha! Gymnastics is pretty cool though. My girl is in the school band, has been since year 2 or 3. She plays the Clarinet… the clarinet her older sister used to play and gave up on… but my daughter enjoys it.

@horati0nosebl0wer …I’d believe that ?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)