Skip to toolbar

Hobby weekender 17/05/19 – A good tone, tone deaf, dark tone? AtmosFearic!

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby weekender 17/05/19 – A good tone, tone deaf, dark tone? AtmosFearic!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 103 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  mage 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

@woldenspoons what cruel world!

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@sundancer I know!

Now onto the important questions.

Will you be

A) giving Sabine blasters

B) giving Sabine the sword

Or

C) buying 2?

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

D) Magnetize the arm 😉

dawfydd
    11888xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hey guys. not much happening at the moment, got a bit of building done on some kits that i’d been meaning to get to:

2019-05-21 20.45.372019-05-21 20.46.07

Had a Centurion sprue I’d picked up a while ago and wanted  to see how the Lascannon / Hurricane Bolter combo looked. Am I a bad person for thinking 400 points for 8 Lascannon and Hurricane Bolters with an Apothecary and Ancient with the standard that lets Marines roll to take a round of shooting or combat when they die, coupled with the Crimson Fists Chapter Tactic (+1 to hit when outnumbered by at least twice as many models in the target unit) is a bargain?

Oh, and I got the news today that my surgery is confirmed for two weeks time, so I may be going quiet for a bit, but hopefully it will resolve my back & leg issues 🙂

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Best of luck with your surgery @dawfydd

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@dawfydd Centurion Death Star is a VERY powerful thing… 😛 All the best for the surgery!

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@dawfydd : so that gigantic spacemarine is a centurion ?

I think it’s like one of those ‘pimp my ride’ episodes : “I heard you like spacemarines so we put a spacemarine inside a spacemarine …”

Good luck with the surgery 🙂

Anonymous
    0xp

Good luck @dawfydd

Ok everybody. My move is pretty much in the bag and I’m punching out. I’ve surprised myself with the fact that I can fit the Detolf shelves, the only immediate furniture I need, into my car (albeit disassembled) and still pack in my cat. I won’t be very verbal for a bit as I will lack a pc until a buddy of mine rebuilds the one I’m on now into a different case and tosses in a better graphics card.

To everybody here its been fun and I’ll see you around.

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@horati0nosebl0wer we shall miss you buddy, good luck with the move. We will have to find a new highlight police.

@dawfydd great? news about the surgery. Keep us updated if you can. One of my regular opponents uses that death star (smurfs for him) and it is brutal. I will not mention Hellblsdyerd to you as nobody like grown men crying.

@sundancer well played sir, well played.

Anonymous
    0xp

@horati0nosebl0wer RIP 🙁

Speak to you soon I hope 🙂

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Take care @horati0nosebl0wer “I hardly knew you” 😉

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

Anyone else thought that ‘the Hobbit’ wasn’t as good as it could have been ?

Here’s an explanation in 2 parts that makes far too much sense :

oh … make that 3 :

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

The Hobbit was spread to thin… it’s a very small book. They could have made one (1) long, good movie. And I dared to watch the extended cut, hoping it would be better, like the EC from LOTR was better…. but it was just longer… and more boring…

Anonymous
    0xp

The Hobbit was about making money.  The LotR was about making a movie.  Well that is my Grumpy Old Man opinion.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)