Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 21/6/19 – The Shortest Night of the Year

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 21/6/19 – The Shortest Night of the Year

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 144 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 166 total)
  • Author

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Honestly man, I’m spitballing ideas and I’m finding you pretty negative and critical with your last few posts.

Anonymous
    0xp

Just giving my opinion and feedback.  You know opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and what comes out of an asshole doesn’t always smell of roses.  If you find my opinion to be negative and critical, don’t ask for it, and don’t read it.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage maybe they look something other than black because of the local star 😉

I don’t care for any ‘official’ colours in fictional settings, but that’s me.

Blue is a cool colour.

Anyways.

I think the ‘hobby challenge’ is interesting, but you’d have to find a theme that works on multiple levels like the recent (official) ‘spring clean challenge’. The one thing to keep in mind is that this ‘hobby weekender’ has a much lower threshold compared to the more dedicated ‘what have you been painting’ thread. A challenge thread while interesting might feel too much pressure for people who aren’t into hobbying enough to want to open themselves up for critque.  I know I felt intimidated posting here at first.

I’d love to see someone try that as a format though. In the mean time I’ve got my minions to work on using what little time I can find in between distractions cause I can be easily distracted by nifty things.

Anyways … let’s keep the mood light and frosty here. I found a ‘we hates Eldar’ thread on another forum that reminded me how friendly the OTT community is.

Here’s something fun :

See … Germans know how to do comedy too 😉

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger oh what dark have you opened…

This should be something for @warzan 😉

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

Stug

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@robert man that’s a very rude thing to say man. What’s with the bluntness?

Anonymous
    0xp

If you find me to be negative and critical because I don’t think your idea is any good and have no interest in participating in it, well, so be it.  But please don’t ask for my opinion and then complain that I am negative and critical when I give it.  No-one is forcing you to read it or take it on board.  If you think your idea is great, go for it, no-one is stopping you but please don’t assume that I am only allowed to have an opinion that agrees with yours on a public forum.

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

Slayer and slayer attorney at law

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

@tuffyears synchronous dwarf dance off? XD

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer to night on the axe factor

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@tuffyears I presume Gotrek will be the lead singer.

@mage @robert I thinks it’s an interesting idea for a separate thread challenge or an optional one if need be. I have such a pile of grey sprue I couldn’t spare the time to paint something random. I think this is similar to Roberts point. Robert we are all friends here and opinions are appreciated, unfortunately, tone doesn’t always transcribe into the written word so some aggression may have been implied to your words.

I’m on a half day today and hoping to get more paint on my Stormcast for tomorrow’s tournament. At least I finally finished my list.

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

i keep thinking of this scene every time i play my dwarfs

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer I knew you had seen these before … LOL

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

Some pictures of my force for tomorrow’s tournanent

IMG_20190628_173423IMG_20190628_173414IMG_20190628_173436IMG_20190628_173418

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger  those are oooold!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)