Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 21/6/19 – The Shortest Night of the Year

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 21/6/19 – The Shortest Night of the Year

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 144 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 166 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@tuffyears nice … I was thinking about ordering the same + one of the big army boxes.

However I’ve promised myself not to buy into a new army until I finish my minions.
    I kind of doubt I can keep that promise if I people start posting about their FoW armies in projects ( *wink* *wink* … )

Anonymous
    0xp

Got this today and got to talk a wee bit about trains and toy soldiers, so a good day!

IMG_1713

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@sundancer Squeeeeeee!

@robert I’m playing blood bowl 2 on my xbox, very tempted to get a new team to replace my old Orc one. Half lings? VERY BRAVE. Oh and have you checked the prize winners recently?

Oh and @mage regarding our groups unexpected love of the singer Pink, you started it by mentioning Nicki Minaj. Pound the Alarm.

https://youtu.be/vdrqA93sW-8.

Note, I really don’t like Minaj either.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger no FoW pictures from me! Still on the “no new system this year” …

@woldenspoons as much as I love my plastic minis but plastic women… naaa, hard pass.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  sundancer.

Anonymous
    0xp

@woldenspoons I just liked the models, I don’t expect them to win… or even me to play them lol  Actually, I think the first ever models I ever bought from Games Workshop were Blood Bowl Halflings back in the early 90s.

And yes, have checked the prizes.  Was jammie dancing on Saturday morning!

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer Pink isn’t that plastic … I do agree with you on that Minaj thing though.

*yuck* That’s the spawn of Slaanesh …

There still are a few months in this year 😉

A little less plastic this time :

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

Standard painted Mohawk and skin , flanked by new contrast skin and Mohawk

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice dwarfs (dwarves ?) @tuffyears.

Has anyone ever tried to paint them in something other than this red/bronze style ?

Even the sigmarines have more interesting colour schemes. 🙁

Does the armybook for these guys have alternate colour schemes or is it all just a variant of red ?

Anonymous
    0xp

@limburger – BoW member @maledrakhhttps://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1297008/ which I think are absolutely amazing and quite appropriate given @sundancer ‘s earlier link  and I am pretty sure @brennon has painted up his with alternate skin colours.

Also big points on offer if you can guess where I visited today

D97Jxl9WwAAYDXJ

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

You were at the north pole!

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@robert that can’t be … only legends tell of this place called the OTT HQ.

It is friggin’ cool to see such a great set of tables isn’t it ?
    I’ve been there twice during bootcamps.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Phew. Just did two outstanding threads. I was tired so needed an activity involving sitting down and relaxing. Still, they took a while! Time to do some hobby. Had an awesome day today.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@woldenspoons Contrast paints do intrigue me, and I think I said it already here and there I am waiting a bit longer before I invest to see what the general consensus is, but I cant afford it at the moment either. Still, Im floating a few ideas around in my head about what I will or might do in future. Fun times are ahead either way.

@tuffyears That looks like so much fun stuff that arrived. Id be more jealous but I have minis to paint too, so, like, whatever…

More Fyreslayers painted? Looking good dude!

@limburger How goes the minions army? Pics?

As for the Fyreslayers google it, there are lots of canon alternative colourschemes people have used. Since the launched there have been various Lodges shown off (Duardin equivalent of Chapters).

@robert You too have had an order arrive. Nice!

Totally not jealous you visited BoW

Riiiiiight, time to start painting.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

AE49D8F6-712D-46A4-BBEF-761918636572F549E6B9-02FF-4B0F-B928-5071C2047C3F

The start of a test night lord and some basecoat dry brushing on some Space Shark Vanguard. Still experimenting. Meant to load this fifteen minutes ago or more but having problems with the internet and one of the dry gw paints

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)