Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 23/02/2019 – Here we go!

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 23/02/2019 – Here we go!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 81 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  mage 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

@woldenspoons agreed – really like the look of the ‘classic’ Zoids 🙂 20 gold coins for posta and responses.

@rayzryr yeah I don’t remember the end credits being ‘quite’ that bad, might have to rewatch… Nice hobby haul! and love the green on the newest batch of DA. had you considered a compromise of white wings with a black edge on the front frame for the sergeant? Yeah, apparently I’m all about fence-sitting… 😛 40 gold coins for hobby progress and detailed responses.

@mage I’ve already accepted the inevitable and backeed, some of those optional adds are a steal for the price… Oh what a good helper puppy you have 🙂 40 gold coins for hobby progress and responses.

@robert sounds like a bit of progress setting up the shed nonetheless 🙂 25 gold coins for shed organisation and responses.

@limburger yeah ‘realistic’ A-team is a bit of a contradiction as @robert points out… 15 gold coins for responses.

@sundancer at last you have revealed your project madness! Ha! That’s hilarious! Glad somebody has done that 🙂 heh, funny timing with that announcement. Keen to see what the minis look like now, wizkids have, let’s say a ‘variable’ track record… 40 gold coins for hobby progress and responses.

@lancorz thanks for the assist – bookmarked for later 🙂 10 gold coins for saving us all from searching 🙂

@tuffyears blinding progress! Best of luck pushing through to the finish 🙂 25 gold coins for hobby progress.

@dawfydd nice find on the oldhammer bitz! I recognise a few of those minis I think. Keen to see what you manage to do working your magic with them. 40 gold coins for hobby progress and responses.

Hobby progress for me last night was working on one last Marauder, block colours on a banner to finish my Chaos reinforcements project and a few test 10mm minis, Interesting experience painting in that scale. Photos later 🙂

OK team going to officially ‘close’ the thread here but please feel free to keep posting – I’ve got month end on next week so would be grateful if someone had capacity to host. Will post awards etc tomorrow 🙂

rayzryr
    Participant
    20833xp

@evilstu ? no! I hadn’t even considered that! I thought black would be “too Ravenwing”, White would be “too usual”… I was thinking red, but then Red is the “official” colour of the Lion Helm, one of the DA relics… and there’s only one of those.

But black and  white you say…

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@woldenspoons

He’d help more if he could.

Man I need moar coffeeey today. Just not functioning.

We played D&D last night and I went back to being a player for a while with my Tiefling bard: Wolfgang Vol Hellstrom. I have a mini and I am painting it. Also, helped my friend finish five more Moria Goblins for a grand total finish of six Moria Goblins with bows. There are twenty left in her collection (for now).

Im still kinda between projects and refurbishing my friend’s carousel but thats ok. I do not have time to hobby much today with work and gf time.

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@mage did I miss something? Or did you want my input into Deathguard colour schemes?

Mine were white before white was cool.

dawfydd
    11888xp
    Cult of Games Member

Quick bit of priming this morning whilst it was quiet:
    2019-02-28 11.07.23-1

Now the Termies I want to experiment with, panting up each from a different chapter. Any ideas for schemes I could try out? I’m thinking one will be a Celestial Lion, possibly a Howling Griffon or Mentor as well, but I want to try schemes that don’t see a lot of love so any ideas would be appreciated….

And seriously digging the Severina Raine mini. After reading the book I’m tinkering around with some Temepstus Scion parts I have to build her a bodyguard squad…..

2019-02-28 11.07.34

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Nice work on the  minis so far! Female Commissar is great.

As for terminators my suggestions are: Mantis Warriors, Charcharodons, Hawk Warriors, Brazen Claws and Star Phantoms 🙂

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@dawfydd we don’t see many Soul Drinkers even now. True Sons of Dorn all.

Sidenote when I type sons of in my phone it suggests Horus. Clever phone.

Is the Commisar plastic? I heard rumours she was finecast. It is a cracking figure though. Now if they could just get round to Ciaphus Caine that would be grand.

I’ve been very much enjoying the book Warmaster this week. I nearly missed it. I bought Anarch and looking at the back I was really confused as I didn’t remember half of it. Wikipedia to the rescue. So as soon as I devour this i have the next Game Ghosts lined up. ?

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

Next project, some blood red boi’s

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

ooh … I got my Aces & Eights Reloaded kickstarter today.

The (fake?) leatherbound limited edition rulebook is soo pretty.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Okay I will start a new thread. Working a night tomorrow and have my son up so my posting will be a tad ‘loosey goosey’ til Sunday

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

OK, awards etc before I forget 😛

Most Valuable Player (most engaged with topic) @mage
    · Fire Starter (topic starter, encourages the member circulation) – @dawfydd
    · Hobby Champ (most hobby over the weekend) @tuffyears
    · Meme Lord (ryhmes, funnies & memes) @mage
    · Pun-Tertainment (best pun) @mage
    · Brush Licker (painting & terrain) @blinky465 (am extending this category to include innovative project work 😉 )
    · Headliner DJ (most eclectic music) @sundancer
    · Armchair Commander (weekend battle reports) – @rayzryr for the chess anecdote 😛
    · Community Usher (helpful & engaged) @rayzryr
    · Storyteller (weekly discussion & story) – @mage

A huge thank you to all for joining in and hope to see everybody in the next thread!

rayzryr
    Participant
    20833xp

GG team!

Cheers @evilstu for being awesome!

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Thanks @evilstu for toting up stuff properly and untimely… unlike a certain Mage from last time…

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)