Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender: 25/01 We're almost outta January! Run!

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender: 25/01 We're almost outta January! Run!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 76 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Hey guys,

Meant to post earlier but hectic with not feeling great two days ago, a 12 hour day at work yesterday, and sleeping before my night shift which is now. I will call this thread closed at midnight. Wherever you are.

I still have to go over the last thread too.

Also, can I got a host to volunteer for this weekend? If not I shall try…

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

We have finished.

IMG_20190130_194314968IMG_20190130_194236419IMG_20190130_194256140

Up next:

IMG_20190130_210436330

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@evilstu <40 rings>

With WHFB I like big gribbly monsters, but I think a ranked mass combat game should have armies that look like armies for said game. Why ooc are you painting for your friend again? Not a criticism or anything I am just curious. You really are tearing into WHFB. Are you just working away on your collection and grinding through or have you a specific goal in mind? And do you know what is next?

(1) Lack of sleep is first. I hate that music. I didn’t mind it when I worked for one in my teens but a few years later they figured it was cheaper to have bad cover tracks of the same songs instead of the actual ones. 10 rings

(2) There is a disconnect. There wasn’t in Inquisitor, and daaaamn was it one side. 5 rings, I’m asking for balanced arguments with your criticism’s people 😉 There is a new Beta Bolter rule officially out now which may help. Pete Haines wrote a WD article for one of the anniversaries of 40k  in the Australian edition years and years ago. Ten marines was an army.

(3) Rail muffins? Genius! 15 points! What does electro plating do?

10 points for feedback to others.

I do recommend the Orville. Ah now I understand the double header. Im sure you can get it done with the levy!

@dawfydd <15 rings>

Okay, lotta info so. Prime Wars ended. Darn. Wow, the Siege for Cybtertron stuff is beautiful. Sideswipe, Shockwave, Ultramagnus, Hound, Chromia, Six gun… They are my favourite out of the ones I’ve browsed. Ill go back to browsing later after I make more replies.

The Cybertronian designs are so cool. I always loved them from the cartoons and comics. Something alien about the designs. Futrueistic, yeah, and still recognisable, but damn they hit a sweet spot.

Man I really want some of these. Are they out now or soon? I also wanna get some of the last line that ended’s stuff. As for the Unicron Trilogy I have a lot of that stuff from back in the day so Im good for that stuff. 15 points for the info.

@horati0nosebl0wer <10 rings>

Three? How is the game now? Would one want/need/use three? Me too. Im not hit by Malifaux for the shiny but here are other stuff I really want haha. Ramos is so cool. 5 rings.

5 rings for responses.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

You basing them @sundancer ? They look good! So good!

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

They are based @mage It’s “deathstarfloormattblack 😉

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Ah I see what you did there 😉

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 4 replies (part1):

@sundancer (15 rings)

15 rings for the progress on the Royal Guard. Man I feel your pain on the modls not fitting. I always but a model together entirely.

@evilstu (55 rings)

5 rings for feedback to others

No it is Imperial Assault.

50 rings for the finished Knights

I hope the Polar Vortex we are on the receiving end of this year isn’t as bad as what you are describing Stateside.

@horati0nosebl0wer (15 rings)

15 rings for feedback to others

We are meant to be getting another polar vortex again this year here In Ireland, in a couple of months.

@dawfydd (5 rings)

5 rings for feedback to others

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 4 replies (part 2):

@rayzryr (25 rings)

Interesting pledge 5 rings. Iron Armour Dark Angels eh? Heresy Eara or modern?

I hate posting from y phone…

(1)  I will use it. ‘gainst all of you. Bwahahahahaha!!!! 5 rings. Cold turkey doesent seem as delicious as it sounds.

(2)  Man I loved those minis! Fundamental anything is bad. 10 rings.

(3)   You are making me hungry. 10 rings.

20 rings for responses to others.

Can con sounds like it was fun.

@mage favourite Mario kart 8 character; vehicle; track? ?

Character? Traditionally it was Toad back in the days of the Snes. Now it would have to be Dry Bones or Shy Guy. Im also trying out Lakity and Tanooki Mario who are super fun. Vehicle? Cant remember but one of the unlockable bikes with good speed. Ill have to find it. I also like the Mercedes old style racing car. As for the track that is tough. Ill have to replay it soon. Im making my way through the 50cc cups and can think of a bunch I like but not sure which ones are my favourite. I love the F-Zero tracks I guess and Im quite fond of the Haunted House in Vs multiplayer.

@woldenspoons <35 rings>

I’m off to bed after work but here are some questions

(1) Wow that is harsh. 10 rings.

(2) Ok, 5 rings. But why? Whats the reasoning? And give us a more balanced argument too 😉

(3)  Muffin. *Gets up, heads to crows nest near post office with Boltgun* 10 rings.

10 rings for feedback to others.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Phew!

Ill get around to the awards and achievements in a while. Im still super full form Indian Food.

Painted up two Objective Markers for the hobbit since I finished the Imperial Assault Drone. I’m also nearly finished Dwalin as well, and have loved painting the mini.

Might post up asking for advice on how to paint this:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Etheric-Vortex-Gloomtide-Shipwreck-2018

After a post work nap that probably counts as a full night’s sleep I’m back.

@evilstu The weather is fine indoors. The northern Midwest, as you’ve pointed out, is known for being deathly cold even when its not as bad as has been reported. My parents joked from their military experience about the base at Minot, North Dakota.. “Why not Minot? – Freezin’s the reason”

@mage Joy! I won’t be the only one huddling indoors. The difference is that I’ve got a range of mountains that’s buffered the weather here from the worst of it.

Now regarding this Indian food… “I can has lamb (vindaloo)?”

Since we’ve lacked some memes I’ll throw in some for taste

dangerous_lamb

x4mw0

67bd8f604c088b5d8c60499842eb5aef

1947dd

funny-quotes-funny-animals-funny-easter-funny-conversations-funny-sayings-Favim.com-677270

Now since I know you’ll all be Bach… I’ll be Haydn

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Okay, ‘points’… :

@dawfydd                         100 points (Added in an extra 10)

@sundancer                      140 points (Added in an extra 10)

@jodain                              40 points

@biggabum                       80 points

@horati0nosebl0wer       65 points

@evilstu                             135 points

@rayzryr                             25 points

@woldenspoons               35 points

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

AWARDZ!  Was it 400 or 500 XP again? Either way it is divided equally across the categories (-1 category as no Armchair Commander) @lancorz if you could be so kind please

· Most Valuable Player (most engaged with topic) – @sundancer

· Fire Starter (topic starter, encourages the member circulation) – @mage

· Hobby Champ (most hobby over the weekend) @biggabum for some amount of work in such a short time and kicking out two decent sized units for a Warmachine army.

· Meme Lord (ryhmes, funnies & memes) – @horati0nosebl0wer for blowing it out of the water at the last second with so many! And all goat themed. Or llama.

· Pun-Tertainment (best pun*)  @sundancer I got a giggle out of Deathstarfloormattbalck

*Should we amend this to: ‘Best pun, joke or quip’

· Brush Licker (painting & terrain) @evilstu I love those damn knights so much.

· Headliner DJ (most eclectic music) @horati0nosebl0wer How do you even pronounce the name of that Russian band?

· Armchair Commander (weekend battle reports) – NONE nobody posted one…

· Community Usher (helpful & engaged) @evilstu

· Storyteller (weekly discussion & story) @dawfydd for filling me in on Transformers.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Okay I am taking a break before I do the thread from last week…

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage thanks again for hosting. I’ll kick off a new thread tonight or tomorrow 🙂

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Ah go on do it tonight

To-night To-night to-night

Like this…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)