Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 30/11 The Verge of Christmas!

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 30/11 The Verge of Christmas!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 84 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  horati0nosebl0wer 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Cool thanks @sundancer

@mage What sundancer really is saying is that he’s a Pokemon unable to get sleep because of his habit of dropping PPC while fooling around on his computer

Just got done with a night of weekly gaming and actually did some hobbying toward my 2019 goal. I finally have my December Acolytes built instead of living on sprue. All I need do now is build up thematic bases for play and paint it all. I really miss the first set I did of these but I sold them off long ago as a quick turnaround for a commission. I’m really glad that @lawnor set up the 2019 pledge manager so I can keep track of goals I set for myself.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

I say nay! Jumpjets are just an easy way of making a target lose cover. Sure you can crush somebody underfoot but you’re likely to lose more in post combat salvage. The thing is that you’d probably be better off doing that against clan, instead of Inner Sphere, as they’re supposedly be likely to disable their cockpit ejection systems.

Turbocharge my Vulture (or maybe even a Shadowcat depending on the weight/mission)  with a MASC system to make a brave tactical exfiltration (hopefully not ripping the legs off in the process) before regrouping and reassessing the situation and long term feasibility of continued field operations.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m to much of an ork player…. all guns blazing aaaaaand mech chuts down again XD

Anyway, tomorrow I’ll be playing my first Star Wars Legion tournament. I’m excited. Starts at 09:30 am CET. SO EXCITED.

I’ll lose horribly but I will make the most of it… I will try to remember taking pictures. Huzza!

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@sundancer let us know how it goes, how much variety in the armies etc.

Erm asking for a friend ?.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

@woldenspoons current listings are a bit Imperial heavy…. I wonder how many vader and emperor will be fielded.

https://www.tabletopturniere.de/t3_tournament_list.php?tid=22750

dawfydd
    11886xp
    Cult of Games Member

Reminds me that I need to get the second ImpStar Deuce for my Armada Imperial fleet squared away. I did kinda forget how blamed BIG that mini is though…..

And as for Battletech/Mechwarrior, I’m just waiting to be able to recreate my MW4:Mercs command ‘mech; a modified Fafnir with the Heavy Gause Rifles replaced by Rotary Autocannons, each one paired to an ER PPC’s in the corresponding arm, and a battery of ER Medium Lasers in the torso. That thing could handle anything….
    For the time being though I guess I’ll stick to the Star League highlander we “acquired” from the stash in the main campaign of Battletech. That thing is just a beast – it’s gotten like 5 headshot kills with the Guass Rifle and the same again in melee kills, let alone the ones from sheer attrition 🙂

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage I’ll kick off a new thread tomorrow morning dropbear time…

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

I hereby declare @horati0nosebl0wer a loony! You are mad dude. Your parcel arrived. I knew shipping from the US to EU is massively expensive but *that* is insane! And now I have to wait 17 days!!! The torture!!!!! XD

After I opened it, I’ll take pictures along the way. Thanks again man. Also, this… this means…

[I wanted to add AC/DC – This means war but it seems that song isn’t on youtube to be found :S]

@sundancer I look at the speed that it got there and consider it to be worth it. For the cost of shipping I’d likely spend an equal amount on a fancy art photobook or try and repurchase ones I used to have before moving.

Honestly, it makes me glad that there’s such a long wait for you because I can now just toss around the Schrödinger’s cat conundrum of “What’s in the box?”.

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@horati0nosebl0wer and @sundancer 3 weeks decomposition shouldn’t smell too much amiright?!

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

Aha it’s a theoretical dead cat! now the film Seven starts to make sense…

whats-in-the-box

*looks around in a manner to try and convince all of an innocent  and unassuming nature* You can only test the outsid3 so much while unable to see the inside. As far as smell I think the paper sniffers would be unable to pinpoint the location of its manufacture or the origin or the parcel within. I would recommend not jostling the parcels too much as it may or may not affect the gifts. Its all up to chance to see what it is.

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)