Skip to toolbar

Indomitus alocations to stores is already "sold out" world wide

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Indomitus alocations to stores is already "sold out" world wide

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 73 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  holly 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author

dyn-uk
    Participant
    333xp

OTT out of stock now. I missed out on the GW site by daring to have to deal with real-life family.

Oh well, I did want to get back in on 40k as my youngest son showed an interest in this set. Unfortunately we can’t afford normal GW prices so it looks like we’ve missed the (narrow) opportunity.

craigwrdouglas
    2306xp
    Cult of Games Member

What a massive waste of everyone’s time.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

You don’t have to buy the box to get the new rules …

And there is a good chance that both armies in the box will be in a new ‘start collecting’ set, because that’s what happened to the vanguard vs chaos marines box too.

I know it would be nice if companies stopped being so greedy (And us customers falling for their tactics), but I can’t blame them for doing what works for them.

I think I got lucky that I knew my webshop would add the new GW stuff to the store on friday night (and update pictures the next morning).

rusty
    Participant
    39xp

Talked on the phone with my local GW store and he confirmed sold out online and he didnt know how many he was allocated for the 25th release date.

He was apologetic about it and could only advise to get there early on saturday morning on the 25th when they open at ten to try and get one.

I might take a look down as its the first day of my hols, but then Im now doubting weather i will bother now.

maxkee
    1415xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well, that was a shit show. Waited up till 2 o’clock last night. Wanted to order this morning on the OTT site. Couldn’t log in my account on my cell phone so went downstairs and it was sold out.

Bloody shame! GW should get his act straight.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

You don’t have to buy the box to get the new rules …

Quite right. It is just that I find it unappealing to pay £40 for a book full of colour photos of toy soldiers :p

bigdave
    3704xp
    Cult of Games Member

Missed out on the Sisters box, missed out on this – must admit its seriously deflating my interest in 40k when they do stuff like this. 20 years of hobbying yet I still fall for the shiny syndrome of it all! Growing cost keeps making it more and more prohibitive for me to start/reign in new 40k projects (even with the discounts of FLGS) so being the sucker that I am, I keep getting drawn to these big boxes and their value only for my dopey arse to keep missing out.

Spent much of the quarantine painting fantasy figures and doing plenty of historics, irritatingly I was looking forward to this release to springboard me back into 40k but I don’t think I’ll bother now. For £120 I can get a huge amount of 10mm Swedes n Russians for that Great Northern War idea I keep putting off… Who knows, being so abysmally slow at painting by the time I’ve finished them we could be onto 10th edition of 40k…

Anonymous
    0xp

Looks like GW have banned online stores giving discounts on this box.

Given that this would be illegal under UK competition law, I very much doubt this is the case, and both GW and the retailer would be at risk of prosecution.

maxkee
    1415xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well, although I wish I could say they will have lost me as a customer completely. I don’t think that is true. The 40k universe still holds a large appeal to me. I went to historical for a few years but still find me drawn back in.

But they will loose turnover from me. Because I spend roughly 1000-1500 quid a year on miniatures, and it goes to what holds my interest. In preparation for this release box I bought, 2 necrons start collecting boxes and a space marines battalion attachement. GW has failed to be able to get the start collecting boxes back in stock and now this box is sold out immediately. Even though they literally said, “everybody who wants to get one, should be able to get one” on the unbox video.

I’m miffed and will now turn back to bolt action for the foreseeable future.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

Team Yankee (Batllefront) will be getting my cash when the Soviet book and starter force launch later this year. Just waiting for Warlord to get the decals out for the latest Blood Red Skies releases and i’ll grab some of them.

I don’t think GW are actually that interested in getting new people in to the 40k universe.

maxkee
    1415xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well, got a bit of good fortune. Called my LFGS and got my pre-order in. 😀

bubbles15
    Participant
    2298xp

It’s called choice, sulphur. The game has improved. If you’ve no interest in it, that’s fine. Lots of other people do. There’s no reason to disparage their choices to reinforce your own.

Yes, there are other choices out there. I’m about to head off to play Malifaux with my chum who’s just out of lockdown.

tankkomander – no one is being bled dry. Again, we choose to buy their product. Lack of innovation? 8th 40K was a complete rethink. There seems to be a confusion that Workshop are a charity for our benefit, not a company producing products for us to buy.

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

@Bubbles I don’t think it’s a “GW should be a charity” issue here. It’s actually more “if” you want to buy the product at the price specified you can’t because GW like doing these “limited” marketing ploys using FOMO to drive sales.

Sure it make GREAT sense for GW (means you don’t have to keep inventory on the shelves), however it DOESN’T make great sense for the poor customer (you are now jumping through hoops to buy when GW feel like doing so). It causes frustration for the customer (and great consternation for the FLGS as they only get one chance to order and can have customers getting mad at them if they take a pre-order but GW start to “ration” the supplies which means they can not fulfil the order to the customer).

If they would just stop it with the limited/FOMO marketing tricks and just released stuff as a catalogue code for a STANDARD edition (with no fancy FOMO gimicks/products in the box) then customers and retailers would probably be happier.

It’s not like GW really need to market these things nowadays (they practically sell themselves), but they do seem to be treating customers as a dumb smuck. who can be lead with a carrot on a stick and will jump as high a GW want us too (alas some of the customers are getting tired/frustraited at this treatment). Just take my money and give me the stuff, why does it have to be so hard to buy something?

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

Contrast the following;

Battlefront sent out FREE stuff to bricks and mortar hobby stores to help them get back on their feet after Covid.

GW reduced stock allocation to bricks and mortar stores.

Which of these actually cares about the hobby? And who is driven by greed?

yoshi
    Participant
    3196xp

GW hit it out of the park witch that one.

Take the rulers and Dice out of the box, double the price and call it “not a starterbox”. Its for Veterans, dumb Veterans though, because snapfit.

They promote the box like mad and then strangle supply to such a degree. But fear not. Just wait for the “We hear you” post on Warhammer Community which will announce resupply.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)