Skip to toolbar

Just got my copy of Wizards Conclave and…..

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Just got my copy of Wizards Conclave and…..

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phaidknott 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

…..I think it looks like the best supplement yet.

With 20 (yes 20) scenarios (most of them at one offs, so you can stick them into a campaign at any point). It also seems to be a nod to people that have helped J McCullough create Frostgrave with a little paragraph from himself about the author of each scenario. Most of the scenarios DON’T need special new miniatures, so you should be able to play most of them with your current collection.

PS the new Wizard plastics for Frostgrave are fantastic 🙂

somegeezer
    18339xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks for the reminder. I have the first and nothing since.

I’d best catch up.

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well Lich Lord is probably one of the better expansions, as was Forgotten Pacts. The Breeding Pits and Maze of Malcor are a lot weaker (IMHO) in that they are now “underground” and especially with Maze of Malcor has some pretty unusual NPC/Monsters that mean you’ve got to be happy with proxying the Monsters for the whole campaign OR spend a LOT of money. Malcor was probably the weakest expansion yet as it seemed the Author is starting to run out of ideas on this one, but that’s just me.

Frostgrave Folio is a compilation of items/articles used in magazines etc.

But Ulterior Motives IS a very good addition to the main game play (as it adds hidden missions with clues and red herrings as you and you opponent try to work out what card they are holding). The Grimoire is purely a frivolous expense as its just a set of nicely printed spell cards (although it does collect all the spells in the main book and those in the expansions), but its nothing that can’t be done with a pen and piece of paper.

As for Ghost Archipelago, not played (due to the expense of rebuying a game with very similar mechanics), but the “magic” system is totally different. Again needs a lot of terrain (this time Jungle based), so if you already have a lot of Jungle Terrain OR Winter terrain that’s probably going to steer players into one of the two games.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)