Skip to toolbar

Mantic Open day, Saturday 21st Nov

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Mantic Open day, Saturday 21st Nov

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  osbad 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mantic open day

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I hope the live figure sculpting has John Motson commentating

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  torros.

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well the Dreadball update is “Support Coaches” which are going to totally mess up the balance (they’ve not really thought it through). The concept is you buy a support coach to help you make dash checks, fouls and armour checks, the problem is some of these checks can generate fan checks (and coaching dice). So if you already have a team that’s better than every other team on making dash checks, then add a support coach to make them even better (and generate those coaching dice like never before). So rather than being used to shore up the downside in a team, I do see them being used to add to a teams positives (imagine a Dwarf Team with extra bonuses to armour checks for example?). But there’s three new minis for Dreadball (that could be used as generic coaches instead which is probably what I’ll do) and the new Zed Support Coach IS genius 🙂

What Dreadball REALLY needs is for Mantic to re-release the old “restic” teams in either a better PVC mix or even remastered in resin (with less parts). Dreadball is a great game (if Mantic will just leave the bloody rules alone and stop doing a “GW” (rules for rules sake to peddle more minis)), only let down by the old restic minis. I’d LOVE to be able to get the older teams in metal or resin vs the challenges of working with restic.

osbad
    4274xp
    Cult of Games Member

The concepts for new Armada ships look cool.  Looking forward to getting the game up and running in my club whenever we’re allowed in 2021

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)