Skip to toolbar

New free miniature and more each month in your Games Workshop shop

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion New free miniature and more each month in your Games Workshop shop

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  captainventanus 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

Yes it’s true free minis from GW, read it all here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/04/three-more-reasons-to-visit-your-warhammer-store/

that’s nice, though we will see how many minis each store gets.

kiranamida
    5782xp
    Cult of Games Member

Almost comic that this is announced as England goes into Lockdown again but I suspect that they’ve had this in the planning for a while now.

totsuzenheni
    Participant
    5651xp

When i saw the collectible coins i thought two things: 1. Is it April Fools Day? and 2. All Games Workshop miniatures will come in coin form one day.

pagan8th
    Participant
    9056xp

A free mini… in store during lockdown?

They might as well say ‘free mini to everyone on the moon’!

basicbrush
    Participant
    860xp

It was made well aware that the minis and coins would be held over, they say so in their article.

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

Collectable coins if you spend £60 a month, where are they getting their marketing staff from ? Franklin Mint ?

All sounds a bit like they are forgetting what they are selling, and now are “a brand”, what will it be next ? Decorated plates, nope it will be sneakers 😀

Absolutely barmy, and what’s worse it will probably work 🙁

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  phaidknott.

pagan8th
    Participant
    9056xp

£60 a month!!!

Don’t think I ever spent £60 in a GW shop. Most expensive item I ever bought was a pot of paint… and that was only because I couldn’t find the colour in my usual hobby shop.

And where do they keep these friendly staff? In my experience they treat you like the visitors to a ‘country pub’ in England… “What you doing here? You aint a local!”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  pagan8th.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  pagan8th.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

my local GW shop wasn’t that hostile when I went there.
    It however was so freakin’ tiny it never felt like a proper shop, which is kind of why I don’t mind ordering on-line because if I can’t get the shop-experience it’s not worth visiting a physical location (plus the webshop is cheaper … ).

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well I guess that someone thought that making “limited” releases of minis and cards to drive FOMO sales was just costing too much. Why master a mini when you could make a coin on the cheap and see if the “collectors” will go mad buying old stock in an attempt to collect ALL the minis…ahem “coins”.

I see the presentation case has space for 12 coins, so you’d need to spend £720 quid over a year to get the full set (and I wouldn’t want to be a saleperson in the store if you run out of these things when someone has nearly got the full set).

Really, GW need to go back to doing minis and stop it with the coins etc when that effort would be better used on expanding what we can game with (rather than just display on a shelf)

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve still got some Skulz.  Are they coming back too?

captainventanus
    Participant
    4765xp

Considering how limited the numbers are for any special miniatures going out to stores is this just leaves me cold. The chances of actually getting one are pretty low.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)