Skip to toolbar

New Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum models leaked

Home Forums Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions New Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum models leaked

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  limburger 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

Yesterday a picture of new models for the guard leaked

new_guard_models

It seems to be a new named character (Creed’s daugfhter) a commisar , new Kasrkin, new Sentinel, new heavy weapon team and new command squad. And maybe veteran guardsmen.

The rumours also talk about a Rogal Dorn tank.

I’m not so sure if I like the new Sentinel

zorg
    18732xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ooh nice.

dawfydd
    11886xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well I now know what will likely be bankrupting me later this year >_<

These do look great though, and much better proportioned than the existing Cadians, and even the Scions. The Sentinel I get it looking a tad Marmite, but I dig how they have tried to more closely tie it to existing Imperial aesthetics that have become commonplace since the last time the Sentinel had it’s plastic kit revised. And that leg armour is a neat extra feature to help differentiate the Wcout and Armoured Sentinels apart.

somegeezer
    18339xp
    Cult of Games Member

@dawfydd good call. I’ve a few sentinels unassembled. I’ll do what I have as scouts and new ones as armoured.

I’m always fearful of new Guard releases in case I hate them. It’s about the only faction where I don’t hate too many models. So far so good with these ??

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

And GW answerd the leaks:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/06/astra-militarum-alert-new-units-sighted-and-classic-kits-reimagined/

And now we know IG will get their stuff thsi year but it will still take some time and we might get more:

That’s just a taste of the reinforcements that are on the way for the Astra Militarum. This release is a little way off yet – a few more armies will have their time to shine before these kits drop into the fight. But while the Hammer of the Emperor is ponderous, it is also mighty – this mobilisation will be far more than a scouting force…

About getting  more stuff, as said there are rumours about a Rogal Dorn tank, size wise I think it was said between the Leman Russ tank and the Baneblade. We also saw what looks like the lance of rough riders in GW’s own Rumour Engine, so they might get a release.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  iceeagle85.

kiranamida
    5782xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m not saying I don’t like the idea but does anyone else find it odd that’s there’s a new Lord Castellan of Cadia and oh by the way its Creed’s daughter yeah she’s totally been here all along?

Like, I genuinely like the possibility it presents for story telling and continuing the legacy but, you know, where exactly was she up till now? Did I just completely manage to miss any or all of the stories with her in? I’ve read quite a lot of the post Gathering Storm stuff with Creed as authors like Justin D Hill got me in to the Guard but I can’t recall her appearing before.

Can anyone correct me?

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Or GW simply thought : need more female imperial guard … ’cause boobies are good …

Logic never applies to anything GW does.
    I mean … isn’t Cadia supposed to be destroyed by rampaging chaos demons ?
    Isn’t it about time to focus on the rest of the imperial guard ?

mistahsly
    Participant
    253xp

It’s not so much destroyed by rampaging demons as it’s “in hundreds of pieces after Chaos crashed a space station the size of a moon into it”, but your point stands. I think it’s because Cadians are the iconic Guardsmen so they don’t want to get rid of them, so there’s a laundry list of excuses why regiments are all over the place.

There’s SUPPOSED to be more regiments coming too. Catachan are a given, but the “three others” are unknown to my knowledge. My money is on Death Korps after the Kill Team popularity, and maybe Mordian Iron Guard if it’s true they’re going to have a campaign based on attacking the Thousand Sons in the Stygian System. But who knows what goes through the erratic choices GW makes for faction focuses.

As for Úrsula Creed… I THINK Creed’s flag bearer (I forgot his name) mentioned Creed’s family briefly in a book that was quickly moved on from but don’t quote me on that. I do like her model though, and the Karskins, might get a box of those for Kill Team, but while I don’t hate anything in the leak/reveal it also doesn’t make me want to collect an IG army anytime soon. Now if they brought back the Desert Raiders…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  mistahsly.

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

Well if they would let the Cadians die the meme “The planet broke before the Guard did” would die too. Can’t let that happen 😉

somegeezer
    18339xp
    Cult of Games Member

Also the Cadians were the template for many other planets’ regiments. A few named characters aside these uniforms and doctrines were common elsewhere. I’m all for seeing some other regiments getting some love (i.e. a full release) but let’s not throw Cadians under the bus just yet.

zorg
    18732xp
    Cult of Games Member

Their not Cadia their New Cadians formed from the survivors and off world unit’s rebuilding the army’s on a undisclosed new homeworld?

kiranamida
    5782xp
    Cult of Games Member

There’s a sub-plot in the novel Traitor Rock about how they reform Whiteshields from children born of serving Cadians across the Imperium Sanctus on some planet before shipping them out as reinforcements as stop gap measure until proper arrangents can be made to settle and build a new training world (at least that’s what the Cadian High Command wants to do). One of the interesting bits I remeber is that the Cadian are upset that these reinforcements aren’t “proper Cadians” not because only one of their parents was from the planet but because they weren’t raised on the planet and trained as a cadet from childhood. There’s this passage where even the Cadians know that Cadia has been resettled many times over and repopulated from other places in the Imperium.

It’ll be interesting to see of we get something like a New Cadia being setup to rebuild this planet of almost singular focus again, just having to find somewhere else to do it this time.

zorg
    18732xp
    Cult of Games Member

All the manufacturums are still going it’s just a planet an time to get to full training again.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Since when has GW ever killed anything ?
    Other thant the Squats … nothing really.
    Even the ol’ beaky marines are back as if nothing happened.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It’s kind of sad to be honest, because the Imperial Guard would allow for unlimited variety as unlike the spacemarines they aren’t bound by a rigid doctrine and can/should be as varied as the planets/systems they serve.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)