Skip to toolbar

Of PoOP and TERDs; philosophic shit

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Of PoOP and TERDs; philosophic shit

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  horati0nosebl0wer 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hobby definition when waxing idiotic… or how to shoot the shit when your mind is idling at work without a creative outlet

• PoOP(n. sing., plur PoOPs; not to to be confused with pooz; see entry: cat) Pile of Overwhelming Potential, typically full of TERDs
    • TERD (n. sing) Time Exhausting Recreational Distraction

Usage may be as follows:

I’m wondering about what I really have time for, so I’m going to sort out my PoOP.

I’ve  been reorganizing my TERDs according to how much investment I have in each.

Who knows what really makes one TERD more impressive or valuable than another?

Music inspired by The Greatest Movie Evar!!! (just ask @avernos and @sundancer )

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

Love Funkadelic

Funkadelic was great to see with George Clinton live for my bday many many many years ago. A good memory for me.

Continuing the train of thought… what is one of the reasons we enjoy games as we do? I propose as food for thought mental conflict. If The Three Great No-Nos of Polite Conversations are “sex, religion and politics” then we can see their correlation in great literature which stimulate our minds. Conflict with self, conflict with nature and conflict with society are each point that we struggle with. Given that we open up our “neurological assholes”, as Funkadelic was kind enough to sing about, we tend to bump into other people and likely rub them the wrong way. As we are social creatures we find ways of diffusing these stresses in agreed upon mock combat to press into conflict without actual loss of limb or property (mostly). Here we have varying scale of conflict with tiny fighting men or the skill with which we paint/convert or even changing storylines from competition results. Each thing is related and is a microcosm of how we as people affect change. Its a relese valve.

Your thoughts?

Interesting perspective, and a fine moniker to express yourself on a related topic. I appluad this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)