Skip to toolbar

Oh WOW……Wargames Atlantic knock it out of the park with PLASTIC 28mm QUAR

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Oh WOW……Wargames Atlantic knock it out of the park with PLASTIC 28mm QUAR

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  pagan8th 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yup, just hit my inbox.

A range of new plastic minis PLUS a new game from ZombieSmith. It just doesn’t get better 😀

https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/wargames-atlantic-and-zombiesmith-hard-plastic-quar

BTW for any of our American Chums. Did the 15mm metal range ever get to retail (beyond the Kick Starter backers)? I keep checking the website, but there’s no mention of when/if it’s going to happen 🙁

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

I see the sprue and my first thought: Banana? XD  blame the colour choice

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just checked the ZombieSmith website and the 15mm metal Quar HAVE hit the store (alas little or no pictures on the storefront yet 🙁 ). But they looked EXTREMELY nice from the Kickstarter page.

This Quar’s War – Second Edition! by Joshua Qualtieri » Faction Focus: Coftyr — Kickstarter

Very tempted with the metals, plus the rules are now free as a PDF on the webstore as well. Prices look good on the store (a Croftian Rifle company is 48 figures and costs $25), and he does a flat rate shipping of $20 (that could bite him in the bum if it’s a large order), but no tracking available for an international order (not sure these days if it’s safe to trust the posties with international orders via surface mail these days on either side of the pond). And of course, VAT adds another 20% and you’d need to keep the order to less than £135 to not trigger another 2.5% in “import duties”.

Rulebooks… – The Quar (rhyfler.com)

If only ZombieSmith could work out at UK or European distributor I’d be a happy bunny.

grumpygraeme
    923xp
    Cult of Games Member

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the post about plastic Quar!!! It’s brilliant!! I will definitely be getting that when it is released next year!

I got some 15mm Creevan from the last kickstarter and they are awesome! Great sculpts and really good casts. I really need to get around to painting them! I have been thinking about getting about getting another faction from zombie smith but need to paint the ones I have got before getting anymore.

Is it the Croftyr that you are fancying?

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

They are beautiful

grumpygnome101
    Participant
    21xp

The first I heard of Quar was the Wargames Atlantic announcement…. now I have developed something of an obsession. I will not be waiting for the plastics, I will be starting with metal for now.

For anyone interested in Quar that does not like Discord or Facebook (like me), I have collected a bunch of useful links on the Wargames Atlantic forum.

Also, if anyone is interested in getting rid of any of their old 28mm Quar… I have cash and/or a broad selection of trade items waiting.

pagan8th
    Participant
    8949xp

The look like the Clangers or possibly Fingermouse.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)