Skip to toolbar

Query: Video shows scenery in mug, uses 3d print to create mould – alternatives?

Home Forums Terrain & Scenery in Tabletop Gaming Query: Video shows scenery in mug, uses 3d print to create mould – alternatives?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  skiptotheend 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

skiptotheend
    4524xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hello,

I haven’t tried much with resin, apart from the odd water base on miniatures…

I saw this video:

In which a man creates a stormy sea scene in a coffee cup/tea cup and thought it would be interesting to try.

He creates the mould for his resin sea by printing off a textured 3d printed base, which he then makes the mould out of. I don’t own a 3d printer, what are alternative ways to get the same effect? Would it be DAS? etc

Many thanks,

Toby

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

A storm in a teacup. Brilliant!

If you’re going to take a mold from it, pretty much anything you can sculpt would probably be suitable for making the sea.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

You can make good water effects with layers of tissue or kitchen roll with pva in between . You can move it around while still wet to make waves etc. Once dry you can paint it and if desired pour some clear resin over the top

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

@skiptotheend

Maybe this method is cheaper and easier :

I haven’t tried it, but it looks like you wouldn’t need to 3d print anything …

skiptotheend
    4524xp
    Cult of Games Member

ah interesting videos thanks all! that last one does look like an easier method, especially as the toilet paper is hard to get at the moment XD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)