Skip to toolbar

Rasta's Log of Sporadic Painting [Epic, AoS, WFB, DystWars and small buildings]

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Rasta's Log of Sporadic Painting [Epic, AoS, WFB, DystWars and small buildings]

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 68 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author

rastamann
    Participant
    2735xp

Thanks, mate! I’m really having fun with this army! 🙂

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Very nice to see epic games still being played, beautiful armies and a lovely few shots of a battle in progress on that table. I enjoyed playing Epic back in my teenage years, always something special about the scale and the grandeur of the armies you can field and play with quite readily.

angelicdespot
    4686xp
    Cult of Games Member

@davehawes – I agree.   Epic was the one game I actually managed to get whole armies (almost) completely painted for.

rastamann
    Participant
    2735xp

@davehawes and @angelicdespot I know, right? The scale and sense of it all makes me really think of battles. I find that of all 6mm gaming in general, actually.

here’s a pic of another of our battles in progress, about a month ago. We were trying out Titan Legions for the first time since Epic Armageddon was released.

4A84C14C-125B-4CEF-8D82-D5EFA0C0F24C

106FAF4A-3262-4E6C-A382-B24C24243C32

angelicdespot
    4686xp
    Cult of Games Member

@rastamann – that looks awesome!   Brings back a few memories!

The Dropzone Commander board looks really good with it too.  Do you play that game?   I love it.   It’s different to Epic, but still hits some of the same buttons for me.

I’m hoping to get a game of the new Adeptus Titanicus too some time.   And that they release a series of infantry and vehicles for it too!

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

It all looks great

rastamann
    Participant
    2735xp

Thanks guys!

@angelicdespot no, never played dropzone commander, though I‘ve been meaning to try it. The board is actually the dropzone commander based mat from Deep Cut studio – works great with Epic!

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

You need more

rastamann
    Participant
    2735xp

I know @torros! There will be more 🙂

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

More is always better

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sordorel has been doing some lovely stuff with 3D printing on his project. For epic stuff I think this might be the way to go now given what the original models now cost

sordorel
    Participant
    1891xp

This all looks great Rasta!

Thanks for the shout out Torros, truth is if I need to factor in my manufacturing time to the process cost isn’t much lower than some off brand “not epic” models out there already!

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

@rastamann That table looks amazing! Having all the roads and building to scale just adds to the effect. It is a very nice mat.

rastamann
    Participant
    2735xp

@sordorel, that’s an awesome project you’ve got going, mate! I love the paint scheme you’ve come up with as well! My brother has an anycubic photon and has been printing away a death korps of krieg force for us, and some predators for our space marines.

thanks for connecting us @torros!

@davehawes, the mat is really nice and it really goes well with Epic! I need some more buildings to fill it out though, but I’ll be working on it shortly 🙂

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

No worries .

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)