Skip to toolbar

Recruitment: YOU NEED US! (UJWC)

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Recruitment: YOU NEED US! (UJWC)

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 78 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  mage 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@yavassa Nice Warmachine minis. I painted those two guys up a couple of years ago. Cant remember their names for the life of me

@dawfydd Love the Slash Captain conversion. Saw a Smash Captain one for the Dark Angels on a facebook page and I wanna build one now

@horati0nosebl0wer What Chapter are you gonna go with now?

@unclejimmy Thanks! Just some potted GW technical paint and two slightly different orange drybrushes for the desert sand. Otherwise the green power armour is just drybrushing.

He’s a space marine, I figure he is steering it with one hand and the powerful lower half of his body

Easier to see in what way? Like a redshirt from star trek?

The studded shoulder pads are a throw back to the rogue trader beaky marines. I have a fe of them left around. The four bikers and two landspeeders that will be part of the force will have a mix of various Space Marine armour marks in their hodgepodged suit. A slight touch along with the weathering to show they have been fighting for a while without resupply.

They were but I wanted to pay homage to them all the same. I have a couple of the scout transporters, and some scouts to do for the army too actually. And more scouts coming with the Conquest magazines. I could repurpose the scout land speeder transports from my Crimson Fists army…

@mecha82 Don’t sweat it dude real life is more important

@woldenspoons No, per se. I have decided to do like a Badab War type of thing where I collect two armies: one successor, one loyalist. Each army will have multiple detachments and a different playstyle like so:

Loyalist: Main* detachment (Mostly Primaris marines and Minotaurs Chapter), Fast* Detachment (Primaris Vanguard of the Carcharodons Chapter)

Secessionist: Main detachment (Mostly traditional stumpy marines on foot with a focus on heavy weapons from the Astral Claws Chapter) Fast Detachment (Scouts, Bikers and Speeders of the Mantis Warriors Chapter)

I’m really excited for the project!

*I cannot for the life of me remember the proper names for these

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@mage shhhhh, you had me at Badab War ?.

This weekend I tried out the Vanguard rules and I think I get it. Looking forward to getting the first expansion for it this week.

I’m taking Hellboy to my flgs this Friday to have a game with fellow horn head fans. Should be great.

tuffyears
    23171xp
    Cult of Games Member

well a week after i order  a new set of bases for my demons i find the old ones, only to promptly misplace an entire box of miniatures. Yay go me

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  tuffyears.

oriskany
    60733xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge complete.

Friday: 

• Poland Video Part One edited and posted
    • Sound Mixing Done for Ops Center Episode 11
    • Storyboard started for Ops Center Episode 11 (10% complete)
    • More base colors on 40mm Knuckleduster Old West miniatures

Saturday

• Poland Game designed
    • Poland Game run ( @yavasa with @damon and @templar007 spectating)
    • American and Iraqi armies redesigned and re-built for 1991 Desert Storm
    • Americans and Iraqis expanded
    • Started USMC for 1991 Desert Storm

Sunday

• Draw map for 1991 Desert Storm game
    • Ran 1991 Desert Storm live on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Discord for @damon and @rasmus .  We had quite a good crown of spectators both in the chat and the web conference.
    • Pushed forward on storyboard for Ops Center Episode 11 (60% complete)

Monday 

• Finished Ops Center Episode 11, including rendering, conversion, title slide, and webpage text.
    • Finished base colors on Old West Minis, applied wash, started details and highlights.

Got a little ways to go on these …

ceppie
    Participant
    1973xp

Outstanding paint job @oriskany , and Holy Iron Man! You got a lot done on the weekend! It never occurred to me to paint western pants as denim… duh. I’m sure there’s a story behind the lady in the bloomers with a pistol!

I can’t look at any videos from work. How did the Polish games on the weekend go?

unclejimmy
    9225xp

@mecha82 – I am so sorry to hear that you have suffered a loss like that. It sucks badly. Even worse if you to take your friend to the vets. We have had to do the same a few times over the last 30 years. Please don’t blame yourself for anything that has happened and I doubt you had anything to do with what happened in the end.

Cats are worse than Dogs when it comes to working out if they are ill. Dogs are like children when they are feeling sick! Cats are totally different. The Egyptians didn’t worship them for nothing.

I hope you have plenty of pictures. I always love looking at my cat pictures – even of the ones we don’t have now. They are all buried in the garden by the side of the house and I often have a chat to them when I am in the garden. Be sad, but be happy too. I am going to start crying now!

Cats can go much longer than 2 days without food. If they don’t want to eat then you can’t force them. You are not to blame, but you are feeling shitty so you all the bad thoughts come out to play. It’s like when someone’s parent dies and they are heartbroken because they didn’t say “sorry” for something that happened 10 years ago. None of that stuff really matters.

I wish your kittie was with you right now. There will be somebody/somewhere close to where you live that will have another cat that needs a good home and someone to look after it. Now I am crying.

I am always here for a chat if you feel like it. Your new “pledge” can be to smile.

@woldenspoons – most of the minis have sidearms. Then again, I have just finished 3 more Domaru and they don’t! However, they are ‘cheap’ Samurai.

@ceppie – all of his mini are amazing! @biggabum just lives up the road from him. I would be broke in 20 minutes.

Maybe he/she/it deleted it. I will have to look…

Here you go. “Glasgow Rules. No religion. No politics. Posts a picture of Jebus and tears into a 16-year-old girl who is worried about the future of our planet, while calling climate change “just another made-up thing to frighten people who are hard of thinking” then bangs on about Bin Laden.

Stick to your own rules @unclejimmy. You know what “triggers” me? Gobshites trying to be clever on the internet, ruining my online fun. I came here to paint minis and chat with like-minded people. Can someone please let me know when this forum has been purged of this drivel and returned to more palatable subjects?”

It looks like some of the virtue signallers have been out too. F*c* me, I never get 9 votes! They should try semaphore…keep their hands busy. 500pts.

I know nothing about ‘Shapeways’. How are you with scratch-building?

You can’t call it ‘Autistic’ any more. There is no such thing as ‘Aspergers’ either…now it is all “on the spectrum”. The problem is that nobody seems to be sure where things go!

@horati0nosebl0wer – Lego does rule. However, it is VERY different from the Lego I had when I was 5-6. Having an opening/closing doors and windows was high-tech. When they released a powered train set I almost messed myself. Move forward to when Jamie was 7-8 and he had bloody transforming robot Lego! Childhood is wasted on children.

(I am also litening to the best guitar solo ever)

@mage – it doesn’t matter how simple it was, it is still a very cool looking effect. 200pts.

If he hit a bump he would be on his arse in a hearbeat. Maybe that should be a double-heartbeat? That was why they originally had +1T. It is bound to have gyroscopic stuff to keep it ‘upright’ while you are shooting your bolter.

The shoulderpad is a very nice touch. 100pts.

@tuffyears – it will be like xmas when you mind them in three years! 500pts. I do it all the time.

@oriskany – 1000pts for the minis! They are awesome. I love the brass with the Derringer.

unclejimmy
    9225xp

What have I been doing? Domaru are finished and awaiting an undercoat. The Infinity game is now tomorrow morning…Jamie had to change his driving lesson. Still not sure what to play either.

IMG_20190827_202736_HDR

IMG_20190827_202747_HDR

IMG_20190827_202815_HDR

IMG_20190827_202843_HDR

Not bad!

@yavasa – did you get to see Fish on his last tour?

unclejimmy
    9225xp

I just noticed that the ‘smaller’ ones are the females! That is nothing…I had been putting Infinity minis together for a while before I noticed that in a 4 figure box you get 2 different bodies and that was pointed out to me.

I hope this week is just because of the phase of the Moon or something to do with Crystal Skulls. This weekend had better be better! Closing time is wednesday at 2200hrs, but we will be here until friday, as usual.

nuviz (13)

Pad   Glass Eye Girl

star trek meets the terminators

unclejimmy
    9225xp

@yavasa – I thought you might like to see this…

grandad and me1

No jokes about Mr. Spock either!

unclejimmy
    9225xp

Harlequins_Quiz_by_RustyAdder

oriskany
    60733xp
    Cult of Games Member

The weekend from hell finally draws to a close (yes, it was a four day weekend, I’m back at work where I hope I can relax).  😀

@dawfydd – damn, what’s up with that space marine and the claws?  Is he on his way to a Marvel convention?  I am the WOLVERINE!  … sorry, I have no 40K lore.  🙂

@mage – and I like the motorcycle too!  I think I saw one like that at 1:1 scale up by Daytona Beach for Bike Week, except you seem to be missing the overweight “hog-wife” clinging to the back.  Maybe that was an additional feature this other guy added to his list.  😀

@yavasa – great warmachine figures.  Damn, how do all you guys get those cloaks so smooth?  I’m trying to do evening gowns on my old west ladies and it isn’t working like that.

@ceppie – damn, how much terrain are you making for these people? A  continent at 28mm?  Thanks for the kind words on the Old West figs and the Panzer Leader videos.  The first one’s up on the Sitrep Youtube channel.  Second one should go up tomorrow.  We’re having real sound issues.  Those are from last week’s game.  This week’s game I didn’t try to record, the sound interference was even worse.   We did get some Desert Storm 1991 gaming done that sounds a little better, but all that’s up so far is the raw stream.

I like that grav tank.  In the photosit looks like it has a very IDF color scheme … and the back has a very M48 Patton look to it.

Iron man?  Eh … I should admit it was a four-day weekend.  Still, 52 hours poured into Sitrep.

@horati0nosebl0wer – I love the minigun on that mech!  I can all but see a river of brass streaming out of his smoking chambers and something disintegrating on the receiving end!

Very sorry to hear the sad news, @mecha82 .  🙁

@unclejimmy – epic work on the Domaru.  I’m not into Infinity but always love the poses they put the figures in.  Definitely heading off for some inappropriate expressions of anger and conflict resolution! 😀

ceppie
    Participant
    1973xp

F*cking hell. Just spent an hour and more on a post, and it disappeared.

doctorether
    Participant
    9166xp

So most of my pledges of the weekend are done.

Run Kult 4e for the first time, and it’s quite great. Still need to finish the scenario and then I can think about creating a campaign or running the prewritten one.

More writing done and planning for a Halloween demo event.

Also finished painting most of this.

EmptyName_16

The Shattered Stormvault is a great terrain kit and lots of variations to be had with layout.

Next up going to paint the beasts for Warcry (Furies and raptoryx).

unclejimmy
    9225xp

@oriskany – do you ever really relax or are you just waiting for a coma?

If you noticed that the Domaru are two different sizes…the smaller ones are girls! In the game they are Samurai, but without the superior background or training. They are pretty good and have ‘Martial Arts: Lvl 3’. This is a good skill level as you can choose from +3 HtH for you or -3HtH for your opponent. They also have 2 close combat weapons which are both bad for anything electronic and also cause ‘shock’. They can also use both CC weapons at the same time.

Domaru also have ‘Kinematica: Lvl 2’! This means they are very agile and when they dodge an attack can move 4 inches rather than the normal 2 inches. Domaru also come equipped with E/M (sort of an ECM) grenades. Not something you want to be messing about with.

We had a game this afternoon. Kazak Force Vs. Aleph. Close and it went down to my last three order counters. I had to make one trooper spend them all to make a dash towards a target building and throw a demolition charge through the window…and score one objective point. Final score – Me: 5 The Boy: 4.

The Traktor Muls did pretty good, but like all good weapons systems, need to be mastered. One of them got knocked-out in the 2nd turn, but the only engineer I had got cut-down trying to repair it! The other one blasted the living shit out of his hard-as-nails Fireteam and trundled about causing trouble for the whole game. One of the two versions has an ability called ‘Total Reaction’ which means in your opponents turn you still get a full burst from your weapon. Usually as a reaction you only get one shot.

Must try harder. C+

@ceppie – I think OTT are having some technical problems with Spam. I couldn’t edit things on friday.

@doctorether – did you ever do any situational stuff when you do RPG’s? Once, years ago, we got to the end of a campaign and in the final part we went into the old drainage tunnels under the village where my parents live. My dad had already gone ahead to provide ‘special effects’. Clean trousers were required afterwards, but fun was had by all.

Very well done on the pledges. 500pts.

Is the work still going well?

unclejimmy
    9225xp

@doctorether – everytime I see big, muscular ‘Conan’ type minis I just think of Dave! Everytime he sees those type of models I get a two hour lecture on why the muscles are all wrong.

IMG_3708

I love me!

…all natural too! He also does really love himself!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)