Skip to toolbar

Rumours of 4Ground ceasing trading.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Rumours of 4Ground ceasing trading.

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 43 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  a27cromwell 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

They haven’t declared bankruptcy (or the legal equivalent)

They are ending the operations of one part of their total operation.

The only risk is them running out of stuff to sell before your order is processed.
    That is all.

It’s like ordering from GW and not knowing if they will re-stock before your order is processed.

wkeyser
    Participant
    91xp

Still would not take a chance on those swindlers! Did it once to 400 gamers why not again as they close the door and turn of the lights.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

KS provides no consumer protections. Which is why it is BAD for consumers and should not be supported. I can see why people who lost money previously are not singing from the rooftops to encourage fellow hobbyists to risk their money.

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

kickstarters are risky … yes

not all of them finish or succeed despite getting the funds.
    That is the price of progress/failure.
    They wanted to use a technique that wasn’t ready for prime time yet and they paid the price.

If people (and some companies) treated it less like a webshop with pre-orders then we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

I’ll keep repeating it over and over, but you should never back a kickstarter with money you can’t afford to lose.(period)

explodingdice
    Participant
    146xp

I’ll hold until Wayland Games have their awesome Black Friday sales, odds on that they will be selling alot of 4Ground stuff this year.

angelicdespot
    4686xp
    Cult of Games Member

Kickstarter is a gamble and there is always the chance a company won’t be able to fulfil, but I don’t think there’s really any excuse for not communicating. As sad as it may be, and as likely as it would be to generate angry responses, it would be polite to at least post an update to the Kickstarter page saying “we’re sorry, we can’t do anything more, this is over”.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just as information: Today I received my shipping notification and tracking number for my last 4Ground order. Should be here in the next 7 days according to DHL…

Stay tuned!

kiranamida
    5783xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer Any luck? It’s been about a month since I got my order in and it’s still “Processing”. I presume its a back log of people rushing in orders with the news of them ceasing.

I was in mind to do a series of orders each month to get at some of the bits I’m missing before they went away but I reluctant to put too mucj money into the system before getting anything in hand.

Not that I don’t trust 4ground or anything but the nature of the circumstances are inherently a little precarious. =/

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well… basically it was with me within the 7 day… 23.03.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbdWWJSt34i/

And a week later I was done:

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project-entry/1726672/

@kiranamida May you ordered something that is hard to make and is “only” made when a certain threshold of orders is met? Or did you choose some kind of payment where you pay in advance? I’d just ask them. A month is a long enough time to kindly ask why there is no progress.

kiranamida
    5783xp
    Cult of Games Member

I might just do that. It was mostly scatter terrain from their 15mm Europe at War rabgwso I wouldn’t have thought it would be anything over the top.

Just paid with PayPal.

I’ll drop them a line. I’m in no rush but I would hate for there to be an problem unnoticed.

zorg
    18736xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just shows how everyone is struggling with the screwed up state of the world. Let’s hope that they are having a time out an they will be getting things reset for a come back ?

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

So here is something for you @kiranamida

4Ground just put this up on facepage:

Hello all,
    We have been receiving more than 50 emails a day regarding orders so we have added the ‘Find My Order’ tool to our website to show you some tracking information on your order(s) and where in the production queue you are.
    Please be aware that this system is updated manually twice a week and is not automatic.
    To find this tool you just need to follow the link below or go to our website and click the Find My Order tab below the search bar. From there you just need to put in your email and ZIP/postcode then click search.
    If you have any issues with this feature please email [email protected].
    https://www.4groundpublishing.co.uk/findmyorder.php

https://www.facebook.com/4Groundmodels/posts/7380604182010662

kiranamida
    5783xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cheers. I’ll give it a look.

Thanks for the post as I don’t tend to use Facepage

schnitzel
    Participant
    945xp

Hey everyone,

I have way to much stuff and this isn’t seeing enough table action. Anybody interested in a good deal?:

28mm Corner Grocers

28mm-corner-grocers

28mm Woodbury Rise 227

28mm-woodbury-rise-227

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sayazop  to what kickstarter are you referring? I can’t find anything at the moment.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)