Skip to toolbar

Sitrep Podcast: Historical Gaming (and Register for Upcoming Gaming Event)!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Sitrep Podcast: Historical Gaming (and Register for Upcoming Gaming Event)!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 484 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  madman1960 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 510 total)
  • Author

suetoniuspaullinus
    12198xp

@grimwolfuk

all metals by Empress, sculpted by my favourite sculptor and dear  friend Mr Paul Hicks ?

@limburger

that’s what my wife says as well..it must be true ?

@oriskany

hehe.. I got MANY more Frenchies ?

good luck tonight ?

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@oriskany : oh, most definitely silly in 40k. One definitely needs to switch of the brain at times.
    That’s before you consider the speed at which these things are supposed to move in fiction. At least we got orbital drop troops now, so we don’t need impossibly sized jets delivering the troops to the field.
    And as much as I like the aesthetics of some of the impossibly huge ones they’re not practical to use either, unless you want a bullet magnet (which has its uses).

I kind of noticed that in Bolt-Action as well. My precious trucks barely got to move a few centimeters.
    It doesn’t stop me from adding them to my army because I like the models though.

Anyways …

//

I wonder if ‘Red Dawn’ ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/ ) can be done with any of the rules mentioned so far.

civillians instead of the usual professionals would be interesting to see in a wargame.

(well … that is modern war too, right ? ;-))

grimwolfuk
    Participant
    10506xp

Spectre Operations and event Skirmish Sangin making them novice level of troops for a red dawn style of game

grimwolfuk
    Participant
    10506xp

@oriskany not sure as not sure what rules set to use or make up something simple to test the concept not sure if it could be done digitally.

elessar2590
    18201xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger I would use 7TV. It’s built to recreate movies and TV shows like this.

Skirmish Sangin would also work.

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

@oriskany – inclusivity all the way.

@limburger – I’ve been surprised the way players park their Rhinos and Predators with the vehicles bum protected by a rock or other terrain.  “How did it park there?  Looks like it would need a 20 point turn to achieve that.”

I always got stumped by tanks in FoW.  People would run them shoulder to shoulder, which wasn’t “realistic” to my mind.  Some vehicles would zoom past their opponent’s without them ability to fire at the moving targets …. At least that is what I was told the rules allowed – I would have liked a rule similar to overwatch in 40K.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  hobbyhub.

grimwolfuk
    Participant
    10506xp

templar007
    52354xp
    Cult of Games Member

I dailed in just after it ended last night!  (Got my time conversions backward from East coast to Central Time) .

oriskany
    60733xp
    Cult of Games Member

Super-sorry, @templar007 – We actually had to run the stream twice, the first one had to be discarded after an audio issue, so I ran another one at 11:20 EST.  The second, corrected stream is available here for view.  😀

Hobby with Oriskany – 20mm Americans

Live Stream 2.21.2019

suetoniuspaullinus
    12198xp

My hobby tonight. One of Tiny Terrain’s lovely Russians from the second Chechen War KS.

Sculpted by the talented Igor Karpov.

0487DA2D-C919-4130-9B29-F0560616E9D1

davebpg
    Participant
    1909xp

Evening all, getting back into my Team Yankee after a hiatus following our massive beach invasion game at Salute 2018. Getting my US forces up to date and first up, some Hum Vees. 4 with Tow missile and 2 with .50 cal.

Refreshers game against British Armoured on Wednesday, I’ll post up pics.

A5FA7358-FF8C-4ED7-A551-EC4DB3628F58

gladesrunner
    Participant
    2608xp

I love seeing all this support for SITREP.  I really admire Gianna, Ralph. Chris, and Jim for providing a additional avenue for gamers and hobbiests to get their modern war game on.

grimwolfuk
    Participant
    10506xp

Expression of interest for Ghost Ops RPG

https://goo.gl/forms/7Q3R2gOyRF6PJw2I2

piers
    Participant
    25463xp

Back from way back writing Ambush Valley…

av2sp1imageproxy (2)imageproxyav2sp4

gladesrunner
    Participant
    2608xp

Neat to see G on the weekender!  Hope she gets that round table discussion for Adepticon.

By the way @piers the mini’s look GREAT!  I especially love the infantry staged with the Buddha statue.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 510 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)