Skip to toolbar

Space Force?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 39 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  blipvertus 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

oriskany
    60733xp
    Cult of Games Member

Will the Space Force have an elite branch?  Any army needs some kind of “Rangers” after all … 😀

Space Force Elite

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yup it will by have a new range of cosmic tanks as welltumblr_osblzm2xMd1relg8bo3_500

blipvertus
    12199xp
    Cult of Games Member

View post on imgur.com

Spaceman Spiff to the rescue!

oriskany
    60733xp
    Cult of Games Member

I still need to build my “Space Lizards from Venus” army to take on Warren’s “Space Monkeys from Mars in Power Armor” force.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

a marathon of every Star Trek episode ever made ?

I thought Doctor Who would exceed that (need to include Torchwood and lost episodes too).

//

The ‘no weapons in space’ issue will be tricky, once start thinking about how to deal with asteroids.
    We can’t send Bruce Willis & crew up into space for every single one of them.

btw : isn’t NASA already part of the military ?
    At least I seem to recall astronauts having ranks and often having a military background.
    This could be a coincidence though.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I don’t think it is. I presume the military ranks are because they already knew airforce pilots could withstand a certain amount of G forces needed to cope with the G’s involved at launch

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

May be mistaken but fairly sure astronaughts having ranks is because they’re either retired military personnel or are ‘on loan’ from the military.

blipvertus
    12199xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger, @torros and @lordofuzkulak,
    NASA is a completely civilian agency that reports directly to the President. Some individuals in the military are on detached duty to NASA.
    Neal Armstrong had served in the military prior to joining NACA, which later became NASA, and was the first US civilian in space (Gemini 8) and of course the first man to step onto the Lunar surface.
    Military personnel are still on loan and military units support NASA but it’s wholly civilian.
    Also, NASA occasionally launches military satellites but most military satellites are launched by the Air Force. With the exception of military satellite launches, NASA is entirely unclassified and subject to open records requests. It also publishes all scientific and technological findings from all its missions. It’s an amazingly open organization for a government agency.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks for clearing that up

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

If the air force already has the responsibility for military tasks in space then this ‘space force’ malarkey is even more ridiculous waste of time, money and other resources.

So it is ‘Homeland security’ all over again :

They got the tools already, but instead of improving existing organisations in order to minimize conflict they chose to add yet another layer of red tape to the mess in order to ensure more money gets wasted and even less things get done.

blipvertus
    12199xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pretty much.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

These things exist to act as a slush fund.

Need certain Senators to vote through your new laws? Well now the HQ for the new Space Force will be based in X and create a load of jobs 🙂

blipvertus
    12199xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pork barrel politics is real. Here, it’s less of an issue as there would be no additional building as the infrastructure is already in place.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)