Skip to toolbar

SPQR – Warlord Games

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions SPQR – Warlord Games

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 62 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  avernos 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    0xp

Another game?  Something Roman anyway.

evilstu
    15298xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well that was frustratingly light on detail… Worked well though, now I’m all intrigued… 🙂

nick2729
    141xp

Maybe they’ve got the rights to do a game based on Simon Scarrows – Marco & Cato  series of books?

elessar2590
    18201xp
    Cult of Games Member

Macro and Cato on the Tabletop would be incredible. They already sell minis loosely based on them fighting in the burning Gaul Village.

If they can take a Sharp Practice/Chain of Command style game and put it in Ancient Rome I’ll be a happy gamer.

If anyone hasn’t read at least the first three books they’re amazing and I would highly recommend them, they are all available on Audio book.

suetoniuspaullinus
    12198xp

Some form of skirmish game as an answer to Gangs of Rome and Mortal Gods. Both have been rather successful so WG want a piece of the pie ?

As long as nice miniatures are involved I’m not against it ?

koraski
    Participant
    1971xp

My guess is it will use the same system as Test of Honor.

mjbrownlow
    Participant
    21xp

Will it have something to do with the string of games they’ve bought out using the old Wargames Factory sprues?

Project Z – Zombies and survivors
    Test of Honour – Samurai and Ashigaru
    Warlords of Erewhon – Skeletons and Orcs

Wargames Factory did produce a series of Caesarian Romans, Celts and Germans

chesh
    573xp
    Cult of Games Member

Intrigued, is right.  Something skirmish must be the guess, wonder what the model count will be.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I wonder if its a historical version of Erewhon

I presume for some people it will be

Veni, Vidi, Visa. I came, I saw, I did some shopping

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Possibly related :

The newsletter recently announced Bronze Age expansion for Hail Caesar! which includes skirmish rules according to the info on their website.

Age of Bronze – Hail Caesar supplement

but then … that’s not the right era for Roman troops, right ?

Anonymous
    0xp

Another video posted on social media this morning.  Can’t find it on youtube so I’ve linked the tweet.

Warband Combat in the Ancient World with Romans and Celts on the front cover.

darthcheese
    Participant
    4192xp

Hopefully some new Roman sculpts on the way.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33464xp

I don’t think so, they no longer have Test of Honour

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve read that people think it might be Warriors of Anquity that Mongoose games and Victrix were going to do

mkultra99
    Participant
    814xp

If true, then it would use the Judge Dredd engine. Itself a decent resolution system.. i just hope the editing and obvious lack of playtesting that plagued JD (shame, shame, shame) will not follow over to SPQR. However, if it has a campaign system like JD.. I’m in like Flynn. Lots of ‘warband’ sized ancients games about now, or on the horizon  (Mortal Gods, Clash of Spears, SPQR). Tho’ I’m still lamenting the loss of Warhammer Ancients.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)