Skip to toolbar

Star Wars Imperial Assault reboot?

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Star Wars Imperial Assault reboot?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  frankelee 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

collins
    16343xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer , for reference FFG have not been able to directly sell IA to customers for a number of years. There was some form of licensing disagreement (with GW I think) about 4-5 years ago and as part of the remedy for that FFG agreed that they wouldn’t sell any wargaming boardgames, or something like that. That question pops up on the FFG community boards every two weeks.

With regards to a 2.0 I expect that at some point in the future they will reboot it like x-wing. It’s not as popular as x-wing so won’t make as much money for them but the game does need it and there is actually a community effort to redress the problems with the game *cough* spectre cell et al *cough* which is currently going through its first season of testing and looks promising.

I don’t think they’ll go to sprues but I do think that they’ll make the models more complex in future like the legion ones and I will welcome that. to be honest since release the quality of the minis has done nothing but improve, both in detail and ease of painting.

I will be sad when this game dies. It has been a big part of my gaming life for 5 years now and I have had immense enjoyment from painting and playing. I will keep the game and treasure it when I finish painting it all (currently at 89% painted!) as it will just be a nice thing to look at.

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

It’s sad that they are going to discontinue the german version, always have been interested in the game though I never got it.
    And I got some friends that rather play game in german if possible.

onlyonepinman
    18051xp
    Cult of Games Member

I would be surprised if this only affects the German version of the game, I suspect each region is allowed to put out its own communications regarding the availability of products.  If it is just the German version of the game I suspect it’s because they’re not selling enough German copies to make continuing the range viable.  The English version might last a bit longer given that it as a slightly larger audience in the USA.  However I think we have all noticed the slow down in release for the game over the last few years.  I’m a massive fan of the game but I’m actually OK if it disappears for a while, I have all the expansions and a lot of the Ally/Villain packs and with the Skirmish rules it provides I have several years worth of play time to go at.  My wallet will also appreciate a break.

darthcheese
    Participant
    4192xp

Well, I picked up the last thing I needed today so if it does go extinct I won’t missing anything.

collins
    16343xp
    Cult of Games Member

to be honest, in the UK since the release of the Spectre Cell we’ve seen nothing but an increase of players for the game. Most of the ‘veterans’ in the game hate that SC has changed it so much (ie, you run SC or you lose) but you cannot argue that the characters are great and that the TV show has had a massive impact on the franchise (Darth Maul, Thrawn etc) as a whole, not to mention just being a good bit of entertainment.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

So there has been clarification on the German Asmodee forums by an official. Yes, Asmodee Germany is stopping translating and distributing. No, FFG is not planning of cancelling IA. No, no other company (not even FFG) will do translations (for Germany). Still unsure about if and how any other company may start distributing English IA in the future… if there is one,  I’m still sceptical.

frankelee
    Participant
    1159xp

So now we know officially from FFG, no new physical content for Imperial Assault is planned (i.e. the game is headed for retirement a la Descent) but more content for the app is being produced.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)