Skip to toolbar

Stuff painted by me

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Stuff painted by me

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  iceeagle85 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

Hello.

I wanted to show my Shasvastii  “The Shrouded” from a monthly forum (just for fun, nothing to win) painting challenge.

It was a Infantry model, no (named) characters:

IMG_4060IMG_4062IMG_4066IMG_4049IMG_4050IMG_4052

I think the miniature is qute ok, I haven’t really painted and finished a miniature for a long time so I’m a bit rusted and my detail brush died 😉

I know the paint on the sight markers on the base is a bit thick, but I was running out of time. I painted i´him in the studio colours and I really like how the base came out. Not so sure on the grass. I bought that alien grass originillay for SW Legion but I thought it would be nice here. Now im not so sure, what do you think?

Should I get rid of it or use the red (https://www.gamersgrass.com/alien-tufts/344-132-alien-fire-tuft-6mm.html#/5-shape-wild) or turquoise(https://www.gamersgrass.com/alien-tufts/264-119-alien-turquoise-6mm.html#/5-shape-wild) one?

And here are 2 more minis from paining challenges back when I had a working detail brush and painted more often:

IMG_4057IMG_4055IMG_4058

This month challenge is twins, either tow same models painted differently/with different techniques or true tiwns.

I will paint these:

fred_george_weasley

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  iceeagle85.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  iceeagle85.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33464xp

lovely work. I like the tuft you have on there already but if I was going to change it I would go for the fire tuft for the contrast, I think the turquoise would be even closer to your basing than the current tuft is and get lost on the base.

zorg
    18732xp
    Cult of Games Member

love your figures paintwork.

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

Thanks for the nice words guys.

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

The twins challenge is done and I couldn’t finish in time.

This is what I got:

IMG_4097IMG_4102IMG_4108IMG_4110

So as you see there is still work to do. They are missing eyes, the base needs to be drybrushed the sand on the base needs to be painted either brown to be dirt or grey to be gravel. The Gryffindor tie needs to be finished and of course the hair isn’t done. And then there is some cleaning up and reapir work to be done.

But I’m totally stumped on how to paint the hair, the base colour right now is Jokaero Orange + Abbadon Black, but I did that so the hair was “painted”.

This is how it looks on the Knight Models website:

https://www.knightmodels.com/es/harry-potter-miniatures-adventure-game/weasley-twins.html

and this is how their hair looks in the movie:

So which colours would you sugesst to paint the hair of the Weasleys?

m30wm1x
    2318xp
    Cult of Games Member

@iceeagle85 Very nice work all around. As for the hair the closest thing from a quick think would be something like

3 Colours Up: Ninja All-Stars Chibi Chunin [Part One]

the hair is in the last 7min-ish.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  m30wm1x.

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

@andrewaxel

Thanks

@m30wm1x

Thanks for the link.

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

So I painetd again 😉

A Dragonborn for a good freidn and fan of skyrim as suprise gift:

IMG_4554IMG_4553IMG_4556IMG_4559

So overall I think he is ok, sure teh pictures aren’t the best and I think the skin got a bit to thick, the front of teh sowrd is a bit abd (that’s one the miniature though) and the horns and claws aren’t the best. And yes the red on the tail could be better.

My question is now, should I add snow or should I drybrush the mountain white like here:

The Elder Scrolls: Call To Arms – Dragonborn Triumphant (modiphius.net)

When I do mine I really have to piant him in parts, I painted this one after I completely build it and it wasn’t fun to paint the dragon’s tail 😉

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Nice job @iceeagle85 and a lovely gift idea. I’d drybrush the mountain and see how it looks. If you want to add snow after, it’ll not do any harm over the top

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

Thanks, I will give it a try

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Look forward to seeing the results

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

So at first I didn’t have snow (or so I thought) then I didn’t have time.

But now here are my sno experiments:

IMG_4567

IMG_4568

The contestants are Games Workshop snow  (that’s I had just didn’t find it at first), Army Painter Battlefield snow and AK Interactive Snow Microballoons. I like the GW and AK one, the Amry Painter one looks a bit rough. At first I didn’t really like that one you could really see small “balls” (not so much in the picture sadly) but now I think one could stuff with it.
    Maybe mix it with one of the others snows or GWs snowcolour (which I have but can’t find right now). And I’m also interested how those snows interact with AK Interactive’s Puddles, which I also bought.

So which snow would you choose?

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Why limit yourself to one? Unless you’re making a flat undisturbed layer of snow you can use all of them to make the snow look more realistic. When you run through snow or fight in it there will be various “flavours” of snow on the ground.

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

Well mostly because there is not that much space on the Dragonborn and I want to finish it to give it to may friend. So there isn’t that much time for snow experiments for which combination and which ratio looks best 😉

But I’ll think about it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  iceeagle85.

totsuzenheni
    Participant
    5651xp

I think the one on the right, AK Interactive Snow Microballoons, looks best. I would be tempted to use that and to perhaps drybrush or otherwise highlight it with a ‘snow white’, that is a white that had a bluer shade. The Games Workshop snow looks like (and presumably is) static grass. The Army Painter Battlefield Snow looks to ‘big’. I also think a combination might be good, though it could also end up being a complete mess.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)