Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 03/05/19 A chilled out affair.

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 03/05/19 A chilled out affair.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 96 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mage 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)
  • Author

dawfydd
    11886xp
    Cult of Games Member

So this was my  chilled hobby for the day:

Built the remaining heroes from Blackstone Fortress (already had the Rogue Trader as I was perusing Ebay lots a few months ago) as I was weak and succumbed to the OTT shop special they had last weekend 😀

2019-05-05 17.40.36

(side note, the short story Man of Iron featuring UR-025 is quite, quite good…)

And my Infinity building for today. Been a while since I’ve built any of these but wanted to make a go of it as I do have quite the backlog of these minis, including last years JSA army box and the Operation  Coldfront starter… One of my local clubs is running an Infinity ITS event end of June so I think I might work towards that, just got to pick a force – thinking of Aleph or  Steel Phalanx, if only because I really want to run a list with both Achilles and Hector, and worked out those two, plus Patrocles, Ajax and a pair of Myrmidons plus a couple of Netrods is just under 300 points. Has god only knows  what chance of completing objectives, but in a straight up fight that’s a whole lot of beef to chew through.

2019-05-05 17.39.03

(left to right Rasyat Diplomatic Division, Asawira, Major Luna, Dart, and a Dasyus)

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hello you wonderful lot… I did more hobby! 😉

IMG_20190505_220753139

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Ok and I’m back. More pics of my own work to put up as well as responses!

bwahahahaha!!!!

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

It is eaeir to go over page 3 first with the shortness of replies

@dawfydd <30 points>

20 points for assembling such a beautiful group of red plastic minis

10 points for the infinity minis.

Alephs is cool. What is Steel Phalanx? I need to finish my Combined army collection, which is quite small

@sundancer <50 points>

50 points for your work on Krennic and the Death Troopers!

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 2 Responses, Part 1:

@limburger <-580 points>

Neither did I til I took the plunge. Made more friends, discovered lots of cool groups to do with gaming, networked a little, its an easy way to stay in touch with family scattered around here and there and it got me a few dates as well, even.

But yeah, nothing beats small communities like this one. Im kinda surprised how many people make comments on the Weekender and XLBS shows, compared to the traffic from there that barely trickles to the forums. It’s a little weird to me. Kind of like, people just want to get attention and conversation from those starring in the shows but not actually be a community beyond that. Call me cynical but it kind of seems that way.

10 points

@crazyredcoat <15 points>

You are welcome! Quieter can be good sometimes eh? Think of it as a little campfire with a few people around it, or something.

No, convenient as you say but not at all in depth.

Nice point about forums, 15 points.

@sundancer <10 points>

I remember that! I think one of the orcs has an ability called ‘poke em in the eye!’. 10 points for posting this

@woldenspoons

5 points for the mcgyver reference

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 2 Responses Part 2:

@grumpygraeme <20 points>

Hi! Welcome back! Get in out of the cold, pull up a chair, get comfy and regale us of your exploits! 15 points! Man, has it really been two years? Tried reaching out to him by message a couple of times since but got nothing… It’s a shame things went a little Pete Tong.

I’m super behind on weekend shows myself. Something to catch up on though!

Hobby away at your own pace dude, otherwise it would be work and not a hobby.

Man, please post pics of the minis, even if you haven’t got any work done. It might be the inspiration and motivation you need if you get a pic up then we encourage you.

It would appear we are grumbly old ish men about the social media chat eh? I think even on some forums people can be nasty too. That’s why I think this community is more than just forums. Too many people are opinionated, or nasty, or forget other people are the target of what they say, or you get a little sadist who becomes super brave all of a sudden hiding behind a computer screen. I agree, some comments shock me. Good rule of thumb: if you wouldn’t say it in person then don’t. If you cant say something nice don’t say anything at all.

Sounds like a fun book.

Me? Im not reading all that much. Trying to read an AoS book that is on my reading pile in the bog but that’s about it.

Get looncurse man, do it for us, save us all!

20 points for the convo.

The old mans war book sounds… weird. That’s an odd image of modified space bomb humans Im getting in my head.

@crazyredcoat Thanks for the compliment.

@grumpygraeme

They are from the Minotaurs Chapter of the cursed founding:

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Minotaurs

Mine are a bit more vibrant and bright. However people have told me for years I have a very comic book style coming to mini painting.

Ok I will be back shortly…

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage call me a cynical ol’ flockin’ b**d, but 99% of the interent are attention whatchamacallits … so I’m not surprised that more people respond to the big front page entries than forum posts.

Anyways … we need happy thoughts, right ?
    Especially condering all the crap that’s happening right now in the land of Jezus C. Superstar.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@limburger I think in the days of instagram, snapchat, youtube and facebook, attention very much is a part of it. Kind of like a dopamene thing from gambling or other addictive activities.

Happy thoughts:

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 2 Responses Part 3:

@robert

I find alcohol helps with reading. Ah, the infamous Matt Ward of GW.

Also is that pasta for your terrain?

What are those minis? Tell us about them, and that dice bag is it?

Ok time to go back over the music.

Neeeeeeeeed cofeeeeefffeeeeee…..

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Ok, Minotaur time. Also, 2/3 of the way through my night shift. You wont hear from me til the afternoon some time.

Lietenant from Dark Imperium, with poorly executed Transfers:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Sergeants from Conquest Magazine subscription (Hellblaster Squad and Intercessor Squad, head swaps):

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Dark Imperium Tactical errrr Intercessor Squad with Forge World Heresy Era World Eater Heads. I am running low on basing materials

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

They look great @mage ! I love the look of the gold armour, looks a little less than pristine that just screams Grimdark. Really nice job, and a great way of basing them. Mine is a little more mundane just having them lift off from the ground. I’d add a pic, but they are still in two pieces for ease of painting. 😛 I also have an Ultramarines army, which is a bit more vanilla than the Minotaurs. 😛

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Thanks @crazyredcoat ! Im going to tear into the next squad of 5 later today. There are 15 Primaris Models left in the army (13 from Dark Imperium, 2 from Conquest Magazine), 2 Ironclads, a Droppod, 2 Special Characters and a Land Raider redeemer left.

You are too kind with the compliment.

Dude fire away with a pic, its nice seeing a project evolve with wip shots.

Tiny bit more Vanilla haha. Interesting fact: The Ultramarines and their successors HATE the Minotaurs and ‘we’ are banned from entering Ultramar under pain of… death I think, bare minimum a fleet bombardment.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Some music! A tribute to the awesome wash effect!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)