Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 03/05/19 A chilled out affair.

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 03/05/19 A chilled out affair.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 96 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mage 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)
  • Author

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@dawfydd <10 points>

Ah so they reference the movie by using a kinda likeness on said character? 10 points for the awesome sounding story that I don’t quite understand.

The Umbra still looks great though!

Oh damn that video looks good. Its on my to watch list.

@woldenspoons <40 points>

Im gonna be pedantic and annoy you hear but I am simply curiuos: what makes the mechanics ‘WOW’, pitch it to me.

40 points

@sundancer <40 points>

It vaguely broached that. Nice tank! Is there only one for Legion, or are there more coming? I love it, and want one, but is it expensive? Is it worth the money. You did all that from scratch yesterday! Wow! 40 points. Are you gonna weather it?

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage currently it’s the only tank but with Clone Wars there should be more. With USD 59.95 it’s one of the more expensive pieces but you can only field two at a time in a standard game 😉 Plus the body is already build only leaving the commander, driver, side guns and a few details to assemble.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Say what you want about the movies but

(1) The Clone Wars era is a good setting to play in

(2) They have so many cool vehicles and kit to use

(3) The Force Awakens gave me a newfound appreciation for the Prequal Trilogy

Hm, two tanks, awesome! I’d weather em up!

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

I based these four dudes, finally. Well they were based but I drybrushed and did the base rim

View post on imgur.com

I clipped out the Death Guard Rhino from Conquest, after having it quite a while. After a short break once the Minotaurs are complete the Death Guard will be next

View post on imgur.com

These were clipped out and assembled. I need Chaos Black to prime them. Ill paint them in a weathered green

View post on imgur.com

I got one of the three ruined hamlets clipped off and ready

View post on imgur.com

I assembled another. These are great as I can use them for a variety of games

View post on imgur.com

An Arcworlde Bayourk Shaman and some D&D minis that will act as a full stop between my Minotaurs and Death Guard. I have not done anything to them for a while but here they are on my work station

View post on imgur.com

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

I said to myself I would paint Varys, but I was not sure which colour. Then I got excited and took another bunch of Characters out of a to do pile box and here I am, eyeing them up.

View post on imgur.com

Finally stuck the cables onto my Sons of Horus Legion Support Squad but they need to be bent with hot water to stick them into the backpacks

View post on imgur.com

I assembled some Death Guard from Conquest. As you can see I added a Nurgling to one’s shoulder, mainly because by the end of the year I will have three Dark Imperium’s worth of Death Guard.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

I also got a box of Death Guard Plague Marines and oh my, my oh my, are they beautiful. I only got one for pose ability to break up all the other minis, but they are so nice, with so many alternative heads and weapons that I want two more…

View post on imgur.com

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

I saw this unboxed on youtube last year and for some reason wanted to do a diroama base on it and use it in Konflikt 47. Im not sure what army it will be fore, but here it is. It’s WIP before being painted. There is a ruined hamlet building from the Bolt Action terrain kit of the same name.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

I got @dawfydd in the ‘not secret santa’ thing we did here on the forums. With the Iron Armour Marines and Ahriman, I decided to do something a little fun. I already own the Ahriman model so I deconstructed him and converted up a Siegebreaker, Champion and Librarian:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

What do you guys think?

dawfydd
    11888xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage those conversions look awesome dude! Glad the kits were of use 🙂

And have you seen that series 3 of the Space Marine Heroes mono-kits is going to be Plague Marines?

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Thanks! Super useful 🙂

I saw those earlier on facebook. Damn they look good!

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

@mage @dawfydd. New Plague Marines eh? Would be nice to split up my gorgeous but duplicate ones from 2x Dark Imperium and Conquest. I am also keen on getting the plague marine box at some point as I want to equip them as an assault squad. Ooh. Then they could ride in the Conquest Rhino. This stuff writes itself.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@woldenspons New ish. There are a nice few cc options in there. The big Axe and Flail of Corruption are nice, but there are other paired weapons too.

dawfydd
    11888xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ll give GW this – one regualr box of your chosen brand of Astartes does go a long way in providing bits to co-opt the ETB and starter kits into something a little more interesting, with a bit of work….

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Home from work! Coffee time and then hobby. Maybe even a walk, if it doesen’t rain. My hobby buddy for today had to cancel, there was a bereavement in her family.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Finally got something built! The Powerfist Primaris Captain and my Primaris Chaplain. I left the back packs off for painting purposes, and I’m actually going to switch them over so that the Captain has the halo for his Iron Halo (which will be gold). There’s also some unglued parts for painting too; I’m one of those sub assembly maniacs. 😛20190508_120511[1]

The image isn’t the best…but bright here at the moment, and I probs need to clean off my phone camera lens.

I also thought I’d post the better pics of my Ancient in the last picture, because I’m rather proud of him. Eventually this will all go into a project log, but I haven’t gotten around to that quite yet.

20190104_180947[1]

Hopefully I can get to some more tonight; still lots to build!

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@crazyredcoat <25 points>

Amazing Ancient! 25 points!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)