Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] 5 weeks until Christmas 2020

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] 5 weeks until Christmas 2020

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy & paste ###

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

No questions from this week. Have some music:

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh, the local electric wizard turns 45 @blinky465 best wishes and a lot of cake

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Not ’til next Thursday. When my Facebook account was set up, my mates did it for me (I’d resisted going anywhere near Facebook until then) and they just took a guess at my birthday. They were close. I didn’t bother to correct Mark Zuckerberg. It drives my mum crazy when I get loads of b’day messages a week early. I think it’s because these days she’s not sure who’s right about when she gave birth all those years ago – them or her 😉

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Dang it! XD

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I just never tell anyone my birthday; I hate birthdays. 😛

So my Librarian is still on the table, but I don’t know if I’ll get started on him. I had a massive burnout on school yesterday which set me back a bit on that front. I do need to work on it, though…we’ll see… At the moment I don’t know if I’d prefer to be locked down IN Uni like back in Blighty, or just stuck at home struggling with online school…neither sounds like a good idea…

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

2020 hasn’t exactly been a year that makes one feel like celibrating anything, has it ?
    I say we pretend it never happened and that it is 2020 next year.
    Let’s party like it is 2019 😉

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ll wish @blinky465 a happy birthday now, as I’m sure I’ll miss it on Thursday. Did the gifting chain model arrive yet by the way?

This week’s pledge is to continue painting the nymph models.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

So my school burnout gave me 3-ish days spare. Well, I say spare; I spent most of the day moving furniture around. Still… Grades might suffer, but online school just plain sucks, to be polite. Anyway, painting happened because of course it did. First 40k mini in a while. The base isn’t done because I don’t have the texture paint to match my other Ultras, so it will have to wait. I’ll be adding a project update in a bit, but he’s my Jedi Librarian. The robes turned out exactly as I wanted them too!

20201121_140419

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Moving furniture… that’s a pain in the back 😉

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer do you remember on your hobby hangout a few weeks ago we chatted about 3D printers? You asked if I had problems printing in my cold garage and I said no. Well I spoke too soon. Winter has hit and now I’m trying to get the printer working properly again. I’ve created a project to cover it. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1584420/

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Too bad. But was to be expected I think… good luck getting it up and running again

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

anyone else gone down the rabbit hole of browsing those silly ‘black friday’ deals on various hobby-related websites ?

I get that monday has a nasty habbit of hanging around, but this friday thing is even worse …

meanwhile I also done some home automation. Or rather I’ve been ‘testing’ a little home automation thingy on my nas.
    Currently moving it to a dedicated pc (a small intel Nuc I had been using for Kodi).
    And because things can’t possibly be ‘easy’ I decided I wanted to make life hard by using virtualization software known as ‘proxxmoxx’ (totally free … so yay wallet)

Just in case anyone else wants to tinker :
    https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-ve

https://www.home-assistant.io/

Time to sleep … and maybe spend more time on tabletop hobby some other time 😀

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I just gave up on a fight with the Google Earth Engine for an assignment…gods know how you people can manage these automation things and whatever dark sorcery @blinky465 puts into his projects… 😛

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

anyone else gone down the rabbit hole of browsing those silly ‘black friday’ deals on various hobby-related websites ?

Not me. Most “deals” I see in the newsletters are more something for hoarders or clubs to buy in bulk. You don’t really get “that one unit/mini” you want on a discount. You’re getting deals on shovelware. I know companies need to make money but if I as a consumer don’t save any money then it’s not a deal now is it?

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I just gave up on a fight with the Google Earth Engine for an assignment

It’s many many, years since I last played about with Google Earth (though I once did build a nice golf-ball-tracking-app using it, back in the day) and all the APIs have changed since then (I think I was using it as it tranitioned from v1 to v2 – I dread to think what version number it’s up to now).

But if @crazyredcoat or anyone needs any help understanding basic electronics or microcontrollers, I’m happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)