Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] A day off

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] A day off

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 47 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

@avernos Gameable rabbits? This will need some story time after you’ve done.

@crazyredcoat The ever extended promise to paint all the cool stuff we keep telling ourselves

@limburger Good to get into that mountain of stuff. Downsize the storage need as you save for a place. Now the money you may spend on Steam… its just more hobby. Remember, the computer is your friend.

@blinky465 When YOU talk about cool cyberpunk billboards and coding all I can think is mini advertising displays running just shy of Bladerunner… and then you do it complete with images from the original. Ok, since your on that kick I propose the idea of terrain pieces of miniature fog machines (already on the market) to team up with mini projectors to have 3d holograms on the board.

@sundancer Golden Brown races my mind to the movie Trainspotting and the insane visuals of heroin addiction that the film puts through. Agreed that the music is pleasant but not the best of association. It reminds me of how someone I used to know had animosity toward Tool because he got stuck in a closet while tripping with them playing.

I seem to be the odd duck here in not getting onto the metal wagon from the time. I agree that the urge for metal happens but no nostalgia strikes me from the time.

Aggro music engage!!!

Too much? Ok, lets bring it back to something that might be more along the lines of blinky’s project. I bring digital blasphemy

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer I hear ‘golden brown’ and all I can think of is coffee … I think that’s because it is one of those songs that got abused for commercials so much that I forgot the original.

http://whatisthatsong.net/commercials/commercials.html

I’m so glad I can skip and/or block most commercials these days.

//

In other news : Warlord is shipping my stuff …
    More plastic for my mountain … and a few books for my stack of reading material.
    I’m not sure when it will arrive, but at least I got a tracking number 😀

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

Speaking of tracking numbers: my airbrush and compressor arrived. And with any luck the spraybooth will be in my office by tomorrow. 8)

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I wish I could get a decent result with my airbrush. @sundancer is going to lose his mind with my next project update because it’d not painted; still, so long as he doesn’t call out my cyberpunk billboard as “a bit wanky” this time around, I’ll take it as a win 😉

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ll call it “beta” then 😉

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@avernos has some excellent taste. I do love The Stranglers. Nice ‘n’ Sleazy is a favourite of mine. Not sure if people have heard of them, but I’m also quite a fan of Kontrust. Good music all round, though. You will be glad to know that more painting was done today! I finished the red details, with pictures stashed for the project log. On to some Contrast paints then metals, I think, after that.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33467xp

@crazyredcoat I also posted it as a tribute to Dave Greenfield their keyboard player who passed away that day. Whatever happened to, all of our heroes?

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

@avernos They watched their Rome burn…

Have another 80’s style beauty of a song. Also, anyone else think this may be @dignity ‘s second career? The frontman here looks awful familiar… 😛

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  crazyredcoat.

laughingboy
    20672xp
    Cult of Games Member

Is May 1st a holiday in your country too?

Nope
    How are you feeling?

Good given the situation, the family are well and that is what matters to me

What is you biggest one-time purchase in the hobby?

Ever? then it is the hobby Lodge which cost me £15,000 to build and then probably a couple of grand to kit out.

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

15k? Jeeebus…. I think that will be hard to top XD

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

@crazyredcoat – I hadn’t realised this kind of music was still being made; I used to pick up LPs and tapes on the Music For Nations label in the 80s and 90s just to try out new bands (most of them sounded the same and, tbh, were pretty shite) but then just presumed we’d all moved on. I’ve got some serious Youtubing (that’s a verb, right?) to do.

@laughingboy – your hobby lodge must be amazing! I built my workshop at the bottom of the garden a few years back but had to stop at £3k as I couldn’t justify any more spend. My interior walls and floor are from reclaimed materials to keep the cost down, but I’d have to gold leaf it or something to get up to £15k! Yours must be amazing 😉

(Mrs Blinky calls it “the bungalow” – I think she’s making plans for me for the future…)

laughingboy
    20672xp
    Cult of Games Member

@blinky465 it is a pretty cool space for sure and worth every penny and built by experts because sod doing it myself lacking any skill or desire to do it.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hahaha. Brilliant. Mine is a pretty cool space but built by an idiot with a hammer and his long-suffering wife (who is excellent at mixing and pouring concrete bases it turns out, who knew?) – and it hasn’t fallen down yet.

sundancer
    42559xp
    Cult of Games Member

Good with concrete…. you never know when someone needs… “new shoes” …. XD

woldenspoons
    Participant
    3557xp

1) sadly not, it’s just a supposed to be but they shuffle it around. Now it’s Friday 8th.

2) I’m enjoying lock down and sad to see it ending. Hay-fever is causing me grief. My eyes are streaming.

3) I sold my magic collection and bought plastic. But I think the most I did at once was £200 but was spread around various games that I no longer play.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)