Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Almost February

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Almost February

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Wait…I don’t get a t-shirt when I turn 30? I was kind of banking on that… 😛

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

And you’re not getting one when you turn 50 either … trust me I know things 😉

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

50… please don’t remind me…

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m supposed to know where Abraham gets his mustard … but I already knew that before : the supermarket 😉

first attempt at priming with brush-on primer. It feels like Karate Kid : wax on / wax off

brush on / brush off

Not sure if I’m doing this wrong or if that I’m too impatient. I think I’ll let this first layer dry and do a second one.

I think I should invest in a cheap airbrush to make this part easier and faster, because it is kind of boring.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Fastest and easiest priming is rattlecan. airbrush primer needs 24h to dry.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Rather disappointed about the t-shirt situation now, but it’s better to find out now, I guess…

In less silly news, I primed one of my Lannister banner bearers, so that’s a new painting project for the next week or so. I also got caught up in lecture readings for Glaciology, so all in all a productive (by my standards) day today!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  crazyredcoat.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Today was a ‘fuck it’ day. That being said, I got started on my Lannister chap with all the basecoats and shades. I’m leaving the banner for now, because I’ll do a step-by-stp for that on my project log, but the rest of the chap is almost straight from Duncan Rhodes’ painting guide. The Napoleonic aficionados will recognise the inspiration for the plume on the helmet… He actually looks pretty good at just this stage, to be honest… But still…20210203_214629

The lighting is a bit terrible, but the main part of him shouldn’t take me too long once I get through some assignments.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice. Seems to be windy the way he leans forward XD

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

Yeah it’s a bit of an odd pose… I suppose he could be leaning on the banner pole… 😛

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)