Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Another month down

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Another month down

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourselves-new-member-thread/

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Questions:

• April fools day. Not so much a question as such but have you seen any good April fools pranks? Please list them below.
    • Coffee, tea or hot chocolate? What to drink when you feel cold?
    • Any suggestions for questions next Friday? I’m spend a bit at the moment.

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge: trying to get some painting done. The primed minis. They taunt me. Haunt me!

Answers:

• MS Paints did a nice one. Watch it till the end!Also TWS though the headline is a bit to obvious XD
    • Coffee, silly me.

Music, mustn’t forget music

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh, Army Painter did a decent one too

pagan8th
    Participant
    9268xp

No to april fools. They are usually very obvious. I had seen the Army Painter one… very dodgy.

Tea is my go to warm drink. Sometimes fruit tea and if I’m ill with cold lemon and ginger tea laced with a splash of whisky.

Sorry… can’t help you with the questions at the moment, but if I think of anything I’ll let you know.

Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

Yes, all of the above, though tea is my go to standby.

What to drink when you feel cold?

The body us trying to warm up liquids to body temp and alcohol acts as a vasodilator. Counterintuitive action to staying warm is occurring.

Any suggestions for questions next Friday?

• Most annoying part/techniques of hobby that causes you to stall or not even start a project?
    • Does color affect your decision to buy a particular model/range?
    • Do you find thick socks most comfortable for sitting to paint?

MS paints!?! Really?

Finger condoms… preventing the bottle bukkake we all know and love. Oh yes, spread the love.

I took some time on YouTube to just ramble and roam before I ended up with this which left me with quite the experience of laughter to the point if pain. @sundancer @blinky465 and @lludan 3D printing music videos should not be this ridiculously amusing

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

MS paints!?! Really?

What’s wrong with the name? I like it and once you’ve heard why he called it that it’s totally fine 🙂 Also “Hector – Health and Safety Frog” is a legend.

3D printed guns are bad m’kay.

Also I’m highly disappointed they didn’t shot once! I want to see that thing go KARP0TT! 8)

I like your questions there @horati0nosebl0wer  Need to remember them for next week.

Also: it’s Monday. narf.

ced1106
    Participant
    6208xp

Battle System’s dungeon-themed “Maladum” KS, based on their Core Space game system, is live, and a few backers wanted the Wandering Bear to be a *playable character* so I came up with this April Fool’s nonsense and posted in the Core Space Facebook page. 😛

“The Battle Systems dungeon-themed Maladum KS continues! During the KS livecast, Colin said, “We respond to our backers” so will be creating the first KSE Battle Systems has done, a PC class for… the Wandering Bear. In Update 26, BS posted a game of Core Space in which they ended up in the BS Fantasy Village Set. “So, of course, why not make a promotional character dashboard for the bear? As a bonus, we’re making PC and NPC versions for Core Space as well.” Happy April first, everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/349338038811268

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Does he get a cocaine upgrade? XD

@sundancer MS Paints did a good spoof for the 1st. The line of “How would you like to make 19k before taxes?” gave the whole thing away. As far as the dear Safety Frog, I agree he is awesome.

The firearms creation was just a random addition for what can be done with printing and funny for the music.

Speaking of music… it’s almost summer. Poor @warzan didn’t get his ghost train for the funfair. Let’s give him a tune that is burned into the ears from the experience.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

I see your Lambada and raise you Like Ice In The Sunshine

That ran as an ice cream advert for decades in cinemas.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

I fell for a whole slew of Aprils Fool pranks. And after the 1st, they kept on coming!

Flew back from Sicily – the flight was delayed from 8pm to 2.30am. So instead of getting home at around midnight, we didn’t even land at the airport ’til 5am. The car in valet parking wasn’t in valet parking (because technically we’d arrived on the “wrong day”) and when they found it, the battery was completely flat.

After a few hours kip, went to collect my van from the private farm I’d parked it in, and they’d rotated the monthly combination lock for entry (so couldn’t collect it) which meant I missed the MOT test I had booked for Monday morning. While we were away something froze and knackered the boiler – so we need a new boiler now. But the new boiler has a wider flue, so it can’t be just swapped out so we’ve got builders coming on Thursday to knock a hole in the kitchen wall (while we have no heating or hot water in the meantime!)

I went out for a coffee yesterday and when they got my order wrong I was *this close* to booking a return flight and leaving it all behind! I’ve had enough of Aprils Fools.

Hot drink? Tea is my go to. But if we’re out and about (or sometimes at home, just for a change) I’m quite partial to an Americano. With extra hot water. Yeah, really weak, like tepid dishwater. And decaffeinated if you’ve got it.

Here’s your question for Friday:
    Fruit in salads?
    For years I’ve been an absolutist on this one – absolutely no way. Then I discovered “insalata del nonna” and am a complete convert. Orange, onion and olives. I don’t think there are any ingredients left beginning with “o”. Chop them up, pop them all in bowl, call it a salad. Absolutely amazing.

Music – CJ Wildheart has a new album out. Here’s an old(er) song but that’s only because I’ve not heard the whole album so don’t have a favourite to recommend. This one’s a banger –

In other news, it’s warm enough now (just) to move back into my end-of-garden workshop. So all my hobby stuff has been kicked out of the house and I’m setting everything up again. Infuriating. But exciting too. It’s a right mess at the minute, but by the weekend I might even be ready to post some photos!

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

That April 1st journey really tells the story of why I don’t like to go on vacation. These things always seem to happen to me. Good to see you back, my condolences on the dead heater. Look at it this way: new heater is (hopefully) more energy efficient so in the long run might even save you money.

Also remind me never to serve you coffee. Just because I fear my brew would make your heart go buzzing like a hummingbird XD

And also remind me never to eat that “salad”. I don’t like olives to begin with but the combination sound horrible. (Though I know that sometimes weird combinations can taste great)

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

And also remind me never to eat that “salad”. I don’t like olives to begin with but the combination sound horrible. (Though I know that sometimes weird combinations can taste great)

I’m totally with you. When I was first told about orange + onion, I was horrified. It took me nearly two weeks to pluck up the courage to even try it. But it’s amazing. Pop in a few olives and….. *chef’s kiss*.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

It is Friday. Sorry for being not more active in this thread but life and work got in the way.

With no Weekender this week I will let this thread run until next week and then come up with new questions and all.

Today I will enjoy my day of and do as little as possible.

Happy Easter holidays

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Wednesday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)