Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] community shattered!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] community shattered!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 62 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Speaking of rant:

In case I do come across a bit negative, aggressive and overall rude at some points currently: I’m sorry.

I’m not sure exactly why but I am in a really bad mood currently and I will limit my time on the internet for that exact reason. To many potential “you bloody bastard” and “stupid wanker” replies out there for me to shout.

So I’ll be keeping it a bit quiet for the next two or three days.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer – sorry to hear you’re feeling like this. I’m starting to think I might be Samuel L Jackson to your Bruce Willis in Unbreakable (or the other way around, you decide!). While you’re currently down in the dumps and feeling a bit negative about stuff (I get feelings like this sometimes, and can be equally puzzled by exactly why) I’m currently “on the up” and trying to find the good in most things.

Maybe it’s because I live in a country where everything is currently in such a mess. The only thing we can do is create our own positivity? Otherwise we’d all end up miserable and angry and all too quick to lash out at people who come across as stupid and/or bastards.

Hope it doesn’t last too long.
    I’ve been away from these forums (and the hobby in general) for a while and it’s your dedication to keeping these online conversations going that welcomed me back, when I felt I was ready to get stuck back in (while I couldn’t find much joy in painting little plastic men, your enthusiasm for all things tabletop proved to be quite infectious).
    Hope the break helps – but don’t stay away for too long 😉
    (even a grumpy Sundancer is better than no Sundancer at all!)

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

In other news, I’ve really got to get my High Elves and Humans and Skaven teams painted up this week.
    Because I’m away next week end. And in December, these bad boys are dropping on the UGNI Patreon….

316291905_3355278221416874_3690041561548447616_n

(my resin printer is already twitching in anticipation!)
    I’ve going to have to learn to paint much more quickly else I’ll never get a full team painted to get a game in!

@sundancer I imagine that the train of thought was that there was a gravy train for M:CP as a hit formula and Star Wars was an IP that sells. Shoehorn that into Shatterpoint and you make money.

@blinky465 Deunken Bloodbowl? I think where those minis were headed in terms of gaming. I approve and have the same issue with painting my 2nd edition orcs. For me batch painting was learning and then relearning it is just hitting the color by number parts first and then the details.

Now what is this drunken Shattner Xmas with Bloodbowl I’m imagining? I do approve but wonder about the fallout from the punchbowl.

I must say as I was doing painting today I saw a copy of Mörk Borg and bought it. Yes, an impulse purchase but its definitely something I will need to play at some point. This is too awesome not to… and now music not for the faint of heart.

And if your ears didn’t bleed from that, here’s a second dose of full contact aural assault

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Monday morning.

-3°C

Coffee.

@blinky465 I never really realized that we “take turns” in being here. But could be. Odd.

@horati0nosebl0wer I see your point and I’m pretty sure there is a lot to it. I can’t remember if it was said here, on OTT or somewhere else but it also feels like M:CP is the love child of AMG and now they just use a fresh IP with the “old” mechanic. At least it looks like that.

Also really weird choice of music. need to bookmark those for later.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

@horati0nosebl0wer I struggled to get through your playlist; I had to play a couple then take a break! It was like trying to eat lemons (I really like lemons, but you need something to take the taste away in between tackling a new one). When I played the last song, it come on with the lyrics on subtitles, and that made it much more amusing (the “hu hu hu hu hu hu hu” that accompanied the chorus made me smile).

I think I need to find some early Now That’s What I Can Music playlists or some early Bon Jovi or something now, just to re-balance myself 😉

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Odd. I added all videos to “watch later” but it didn’t stick.

Balance to the listening? Can do. As far as lemons I was matching the mood of Mörk Borg. As its marked on the book it is not for anybody under 16.

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

Lovely! I can’t hear the Moonlight Sonata without thinking about Earthworm Jim (I’m always amazed the third movement doesn’t get more coverage – it’s a great track!). I put your classical tracks on and did a little painting this evening.

I know I’ve got elves and humans and now skaven BB players all waiting in my backlog. But these Unit9 cyberpunk characters sat for over a year with just a white primer on them. So when I’m bored with “blocking in” base colours as part of my patch painting process for Blood Bowl teams, I treat myself to painting some details on a couple of cyberpunk characters I’ve already got the basic colours down on.

Tonight it was lining the jacket for “Ryan Ford” and painting his face.

IMG_20221122_001917

I’m always amazed at the difference a few strokes of Kislev Flesh can make to a character – it can really bring a mini to life! I hated these two for so long – now I love the dude on the left and can’t wait to finish edge lining his flak jacket and calling him done, so I can finish painting up that sassy madam on the right too!

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice work mate!

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Saturday.

3rd week of me recycling this thread as there seems to be not much of interaction going on. Could partially be because my questions are the wrong ones or because more then one user (including me) had difficulties posting here at times.

Which was really annoying!

No fresh questions from me as my brain is a bit mushy and I think the whole family is about to come down with flu/fever/snots.

Take care of yourselves and drink plenty! See you tomorrow for the XLBS

blinky465
    17024xp
    Cult of Games Member

We’ll give you a pass, this time around 😉

It’s my birthday so we’re visiting family this weekend. I’ve done more hobby and more painting in the last few weeks than I have previous months combined! My FLGS is running a painting tutorial afternoon next Saturday (I know because I got a ticket to attend inside a birthday card!)

So expect more photos and more painting in the coming days (though maybe not til Monday as I’m still hoovering up cake and tiny sausage rolls)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  blinky465.

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

This weeks pledge is to keep working on my final bingo box. At this rate I should have it finished before the end of the week.

@sundancer hope the family don’t suffer too bad.

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well, I did see it coming. I’m still fine, wife is a bit down but our daughter is full on sick with 38°C – 39°C and headaches.

So we did what is best: sat on the sofa and watched LEGO the movie and Charley and the Chocolate Factory.

@danlee  thanks there. I hope she’ll be better tomorrow

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)